News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GLHS vs. Mustang

Started by dads_69, September 03, 2005, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

TruckDriver

:2thumbs:
I wish I could find another Shelby Charger. I had 3 of them in the past. There fun little cars and good on gas. Lot of people laugh when you say they will hold there own against a Vette.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

nice kill :2thumbs:

i think it was in the mid 90's that hot rod did a number on 80's musclecars, and one of the writers voted for the Omni GLHS as the best musclecar for that era.  guess he wasnt joshing.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Fan

I can attest that I've personally been spanked by a GLHS while driving an 86 Mustang...the first year for factory fuel injection.
88 & later Stangs were a little stronger, but still no match for a little GLHS.

When I ran this guy (GLHS), I couldn't believe it either...I had to run him 3 times, to make sure I didn't do anything wrong.
Pretty cool for a little box on wheels. :icon_smile_big:

I remember back when those were first released on the market, they asked Carroll Shelby what GLHS actually meant. He said it "Goes Like Hell & it's a Shelby!" I assume that's still a true story.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

lumpy

I owned an '85 GLH Turbo and loved it!!! It wasn't the Shelby version, but still beat up on every off brand that would race me. Fondest memory...... Blowing the doors off of a Formula 350 Firebird, I remember plainly seeing him in my rearveiw mirrior.... Him and his blonde hottie girlfriend, yeah i bet she was impressed he just got beat by a geek in a four door Omni ;D ;D ;D ;D

ChargerSG

That was a real nice kill....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

cudaken

I think GLHS stand's for Goes Like Hell Somemore, they where the up grade verson of the GHL Goes Like Hell.

Sometimes you have to wonder why they made them, Daytona and Charger Shelby I can under stand. But a 4-door? But I know I don't want to mess with one, unless I am driving!

Good Kill as well. What did your friend have to say after his lesson in Mopar's? ;D   

Cuda Ken                             
I am back

68ChargerJMP

I think it was called G.L.H.S. for Goes Like Hell Special.