News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Buy a Fusible Link?

Started by 71RTN96, September 03, 2005, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71RTN96

I need to get a fusible link for my 71. Has anyone purchased one of these? If so, from who? Was it a duplicate of the original? thx   matt s

89MOPAR

I got a few from my local dodge dealer parts department. They weren't exact copies of originals. Haven't had to use them yet. Price was right as they just gave me a few [ good customer discount !]
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

moparguy01

i buy them from the parts stores. i usually keep a few spares in my toolbox too. I have bad luck, what can i say.

8WHEELER

I bought a couple from YO, they are pretty but probably do the same job as a black
auto part store unit, but the wire is a thiner gauge on the auto part store units.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Plumcrazy

You can even buy fusible link wire in bulk and make your own links.
Just remember to use the same gauge wire as the original link.  The gauge of the wire determines the amount of current that it will flow before it melts.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Ghoste

I've bought a couple from the dealer myself.  This is one of those things where I'm much less concerned about whether or not it looks like the original than I am that it performs like the original.  But keep in mind, I don't have a show car by any stretch either.