News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW PROPER FITTING DAYTONA NOSECONES , IN THE WORKS

Started by daytonalo, February 02, 2007, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Hey that is Gene G. He has made many Daytona parts in the past as well. Including steel nose cones.

daytonalo

At this point I don't see spending 500 for a steel latch tray , when I still would have a f/g nose . For those who care , I thinned the edges on the tray , this way its not so obvious that it is not steel . Larry

hotrod98

I have a f/g latch tray for my tona clone, but I've been thinking about building a steel one from scratch for the bird clone. Just wish I had one to use for measurements. I'm sure that I would have to build one for the 71 charger tona clone from scratch since the rad support is very different than the 69 charger. I don't remember ever seeing a pic of the g-series daytonas showing the latch tray.
Anyone have pics of the latch tray on the g-series cars?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Larry, (Hotrod98) The Superbird latch tray is a Daytona latch tray turned around backwards, with a small patch spotwelded over the safety catch hole and a new hole for the catch punched in the new position. There is an "ear" on each end of the daytona tray that is not on the Superbird tray. The point is this:  if you have a fiberglass Daytona tray....YOU HAVE THE PATTERN YOU NEED! :2thumbs:

Picture 1. Daytona latch tray ( Note the "ears")

Picture 2. Superbird latch tray ( Note the "patch")

( These pics shamelessly swiped from Ted Janek's website )

Looks like the bottom edge on the Superbird tray is narrower and the row of holes are punched in a different location :scope:

daytonalo

I don't see the advantage at this point , like I said I thinned all edges , looks like steel . I will make a steel latch tray right after I get done hammering out a steel nose !!!!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 10, 2007, 10:52:41 PM
Larry, The Superbird latch tray is a Daytona latch tray turned around backwards, with a small patch spotwelded over the safety catch hole and a new hole for the catch punched in the new position. There is an "ear" on each end of the daytona tray that is not on the Superbird tray. The point is this:  if you have a fiberglass Daytona tray....YOU HAVE THE PATTERN YOU NEED! :2thumbs:

Picture 1. Daytona latch tray ( Note the "ears")

Picture 2. Superbird latch tray ( Note the "patch")

( These pics shamelessly swiped from Ted Janek's website )

Looks like the bottom edge on the Superbird tray is narrower and the row of holes are punched in a different location :scope:

Thanks, A while back, someone mentioned something about them being similar, but I had never noticed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on February 10, 2007, 11:52:18 PM
How is your daytona coming along ?

Slow, but sure. The steel rear window plug/window trim/trunklid modifications/wing mounting/subframe connectors/torque boxes/four speed conversion are done. I've just got a few small details to finish up on the body shell before I take it off of the rotisserie, put the suspension and wheels and tires back on and start fitting the doors/fenders/hood/nose...This should be the fun part......

...I hope :-\

daytonalo

That is so important , I thought i would be OK going from rotisserie to a body dolly but i was wrong . one has to get the car on suspension to get it right . i installed rear with springs , the front I installed k-frame with small spacers on all four corners so I could paint the bottom of rails . I didn't want to install t-bars so I used a piece of 5/8 all thread with an eyelet welded to bottom of it and installed it where the shock would go . Also used all thread for strut rod and angle iron from one tie rod to another . By the way I have a k-frame just for this kind of work . Larry

Lifsgrt

Hey Daytona R/T SE...I'd like to talk to you about your project via personal message if possible, you're doing great work!  Please advise. Thanks
Best time 11.07@121

70daytonaclone

just wondering how this is progressing. very interested in a complete working nose that I can bolt on my car. thanks.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

I see that larry (daytonalo) posted this about building an entire front clip back in feb and now here it is posted july, Larry are you continuing on with this project?  Just curious. If you are best of luck. There is a lot and I mean a lot in putin one of these noses together.

daytonalo

As of right now no . I do work at a custom fiberglass boat repair facility , but It would take to long to recoup my investment of time and money .
Larry

69_500

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

GeneralLeeTESH

Has ANYONE EVER made one out of ALUMINUM  ?  I mean-CAST-aluminum... ?
I have LOTz of left-over beer cans. All I need is the mold, an old stove and a POT to melt them in, and  my wife's asbestos oven-mitz !
:lol: :o :2thumbs: :cheers: :scratchchin:
The TESH

daytonalo

OH THAT WILL BE LIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

I would also want one, a complete bolt on out of box nose would be great
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE