News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 for my RR

Started by cowvette, February 03, 2007, 06:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowvette

hi , i am the guy from italy.................

well now in my RR i have the original 383, i am waiting for delivery a 440 block '78 that i bought for doing a strong engine.............

i will be very glad with all person that will suggest me something.

what kind of heads do you suggest ? indy , edelbrock , mopar stage vi......
i want to do a strong motor with 600 hp .......

thanks at all mopar entusiast....

firefighter3931

Quote from: cowvette on February 03, 2007, 06:40:31 AM

Are you wanting to run this on pump gas ? 600hp from a streetable 440 using pump fuel is a tall order.....the engine will be very high strung. At that power level you should be looking at a stroker build with aftermarket aluminum heads.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cowvette

well i want to do a street and stripe engine with 500-600 hp but i prefer not do a sroker motor.....

what brand of heads do you suggest me ?and cranck, piston, rods........

thanks

Rocky

A cheap and easy way would be a 440 Source 512" stroker kit and eddy heads.

cowvette

hi thanks , could you indicate me a cheep shope fo rbuy this kits?

then with a stroker engine what problem i will can meet ?  the car will be streetble or ....?

then in italy the gasoline is very expensive , with a stroker engine i think i will use a lot of i t?

firefighter3931

Quote from: cowvette on February 05, 2007, 04:45:40 AM
the car will be streetble or ....?

then in italy the gasoline is very expensive , with a stroker engine i think i will use a lot of i t?

A stroker can be very streetable if built properly. It won't be very fuel efficient though....600hp and fuel efficient don't usually go together in the same sentence.  ;)

440source carries a line of reasonably priced stroker kits.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cowvette

hi ron thanks for your answer., could you indicate me what caratteristic do yo usuggest me for doin g a 440 stroker built properlyplease?

bye

thanks

firefighter3931

Brock Samson

what kinda gas milage we talkin here Boss?..  ;D

firefighter3931

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 07, 2007, 12:59:58 PM
what kinda gas milage we talkin here Boss?..  ;D

Dave, that all depends how much you put your foot into it....all that torque and tire frying power becomes very addictive !   :icon_smile_big:

If it's tuned properly and you're just cruising along at hwy speeds with the right gearing and engine speed....8-10 mph is doable.  ;)

Ron

cowvette

hi ok , in this mometn i have two option :

1  no stroker version :  what heads , piston , rod and combination do yo usuggest me ?

2  stroker version:   what heads , piston , rod and combination do yo usuggest me ?

i have to understand weel all before .ùùi think the cost it will be the same for doing one option or the other ?

by e

thanks

68n70

Ron,
A quick question if I may:
I've read some on the question of durability of a stroker motor (something to do with rod angles and stresses if I remember right?).  Aside from the excessive amount of flogging one might (!) do to a stroker motor, is there any difference as to durability of a stroker vs. a .30 over big block?
Thanks,
Larry

firefighter3931

Larry, no durability issues with a descent rod angle. The 4.15/6.76 and 4.25/7.1 are both excellent for street strip applications in a 440 RB block.

Ron

george68hemirr

Quote from: cowvette on February 03, 2007, 06:40:31 AM
hi , i am the guy from italy.................

well now in my RR i have the original 383, i am waiting for delivery a 440 block '78 that i bought for doing a strong engine.............

i will be very glad with all person that will suggest me something.

what kind of heads do you suggest ? indy , edelbrock , mopar stage vi......

thanks at all mopar entusiast....

what year rr do you have....any pictures??

firefighter3931

Quote from: cowvette on February 08, 2007, 10:20:48 AM
hi ok , in this mometn i have two option :

1  no stroker version :  what heads , piston , rod and combination do yo usuggest me ?

2  stroker version:   what heads , piston , rod and combination do yo usuggest me ?

i have to understand weel all before .ùùi think the cost it will be the same for doing one option or the other ?

by e

thanks

Option #1 : 440 steel crank, 6.76 rods, flattop pistons, e-heads etc.... will make 500-550 hp depending on the parts selected.

Option #2 : stroker crank, 6.76 rods, dished pistons, e-heads.....will make 550-650 hp depending on parts but it will make a lot more torque throughout the powerband.  :icon_smile_big:

Cost will be roughly the same because you've got a late block with a cast crank....everything needs to be replaced for a high HP application.   :yesnod:

Ron

68n70

firefighter3931

You're welcome Larry   :2thumbs:

Ron

cowvette

what year rr do you have....any pictures??

hi  my RR is '68 with 383 and 727 transmission with sicure grip 3.23 and LL1 color ...........

for pictures i am finishing the restoretion , but i will happy to post pics as soon as possible ...............