News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Bezel to buy?

Started by dkn1997, February 04, 2007, 11:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I am in the process of restoring a 2nd gen ralley cluster.  I have a fair amount of spare parts and can make it almost any year I want.  my question is do 69's have the vacuum assist headlights?  I am restoring this one to sell and it's going to be very nice.  I have it totally stripped/cleaned and am going full balls, new turn signal lenses/gaskets, new brake system lettering gaskets, reface gauges, quartz clock conversion, etc..   also, what year would get the most money?  I have a halfway decent woodgrain bezel.  all lettering mint, but wood grain slightly worn in a couple of spots.  I was thinking of springing for a repro 69 bezel from pg classic. 
I know the electric only headlight switch I have will be correct for a 70, but not sure abouta 69....  when I list it, I just don't want to give out the wrong info...

anyway, I already did the gauges and the clock conversion. just waiting get some rouge for the lense and then i will reassemble.
RECHRGED

Charger-Bodie

68 and 69 both have vac h/l switch
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dkn1997

I thought so too, but I began to question that when i saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280076258537&rd=1,1

this one's got the flasher switch on the dash a la 68/69, but electric headlight switch.  I guess it's wrong, but he still got a grand for it!!!
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

I'm not gonna say for sure if the switch in that listing is wrong, but it is definitely missing this piece.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

472 R/T SE

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 05, 2007, 07:16:35 AM
I thought so too, but I began to question that when i saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280076258537&rd=1,1

this one's got the flasher switch on the dash a la 68/69, but electric headlight switch.  I guess it's wrong, but he still got a grand for it!!!

I couldn't believe the money that one got.  It was a Private Auction so hard telling.  That's the most money I've seen one get for several months.  I don't think there's a difference in pricing between the years. 

I watched your Bare Metal thread  :thumbs: and bought some as well as a repair manual to calibrate and rebuild gauges.

dkn1997

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 05, 2007, 07:11:44 PM
maybe from a super bee?

doh!!  I tend to forget that mopar made other cars in 68-70!!  you are right, probably 69 non charger cluster. 

that one on the bag was mint, although for that kind of money, it would have been nice to get a quartz clock conversion.  they only cost 50 bucks and takes about 20 min to do when you have done one already....  I will probably pop for a 69 bezel from pg classic.  it should be really nice when I am done.  using the proceeds to finance some aluminum heads
RECHRGED