News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

transmission cooler lines

Started by darcus, September 04, 2005, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darcus

I'm currently in the middle of an engine swap on my 73 Dart and need to replace the transmission cooler lines. Is there a better option than the oem stlye steel lines. would braided stainless steel hoses work?

Plumcrazy

It's not too hard to fabricate a set of lines out of tubing if you can't find exactly what you need.
Tubing is cheaper than braided hose and since it's stiff it won't need to be supported in as many places.

The braided hose might come in handy if you are adding an additional cooler and have to use some rubber hose.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Plumcrazy on September 04, 2005, 03:44:33 PM
It's not too hard to fabricate a set of lines out of tubing if you can't find exactly what you need.
Tubing is cheaper than braided hose and since it's stiff it won't need to be supported in as many places.

The braided hose might come in handy if you are adding an additional cooler and have to use some rubber hose.
:iagree:

Steve P.

The steel lines are a very good choice for many reasons.. They are thin, easily bent to get around tight corners, stiff enough to mostly be their own keepers yet flexible enough to take vibration. They are much better at getting rid of heat than hose or braided hose. They are cheap. I have seen them plain, painted, powder coated and chromed. ( I didn't like the chrome ones ). 

If it's a matter of making it easier to put the tranny in and take it out often you can put in a short set of lines at the tranny and couple to them.. This makes life much easier too... Sometimes the cooler lines are just what it takes to make you kill a case of beer...  :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida