News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went to a dull show today.

Started by BrianShaughnessy, September 04, 2005, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

My friend that sells the poorboys from the trunk of his '69 Judge wanted me and the gang of folks local to head down to a firehouse bbq / car show in a little town 45 minutes south.
So we got talked into it.   Once we got there I saw why he was begging for people to come.   One little dirtywater town and now a big event or much to see or do.

In the end I won Peoples' Choice.   But the firechief/town drunk forgot the trophy so they said they'd mail it when he got back to pick it up.   I'd have a good chance if the trophy store was next to the liquor store but I'll believe it when I see it I suppose.  I don't know if that put me out of the running for other trophies or not cause they gave trophies to some cars that weren't very good but whatever.   

Oh... I was the ONLY Mopar.

1. Me.
2. My neighbors 502 Malibu.   We drove down together.  They were smart and left early.
3. Not so hot chick but interesting pic nontheless.
4. The hottest chick there but I screwed up cause the ollady was sitting next to me and I had to sneak the pic so it's a little fuzzy.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BrianShaughnessy

Saw this on the way there and back...  If you're interested do not ask me to look at it or anything.  There's a phone number. 

ChargerSG

But your 69 looks like a 69 should look, damn that car look good...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Afflyer

Brian,

I'm kind of glad you went down to that little town to show your pride and joy. :icon_smile_approve:   Little villages and hamlets such as this have very little to get their folks out and do something together.   Take pride and joy, knowing that you've taken what might have been another boring Sunday to these folks and given them a good outing- and a look at one killer car!!! :icon_smile_wink:

I've shown the "Mistress" in a few less-than-stellar shows where I was, as usual, the only MoPar there. ;)   I look at it this way; you can find a bunch of Mustangs, Camaros or Corvettes for a dime a dozen and people know that.   Even small town folks such as where you went.   But when a classic Charger shows up- people notice! :yesnod:

Try not to look at it as a waste of your time.   Hell- anytime you can get the Charger out and show her off with today's gas prices, is a time to celebrate!

I'm looking very forward to showing the "Mistress" at the big Miracle Strip MoPar club car show in Fort Walton Beach on October 1st.   And that's a hour long drive away from my garage.   Half the fun is driving to and fro, with all the heads that turn (yeah I'm vain in that sense- what about it?!), no matter if I win a plaque or trophy or not.

Take good care of that shiny black beast Brian,

Bradley   :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

BrianShaughnessy

Thanks for the encouragement Afflyer.   I was just a bit bored.  Not a lot of turnout of cars.  Gas prices kicked a lot of peoples butts this last week and it's a holiday weekend of course.   

I shouldn't be so critical perhaps but I did have several other places I could have gone today but I decided to go help out my friend sell his poorboys stuff.     He polishes my car and he sells lots of product,  I get a shiney car outta the deal. 

I'm grateful they voted me peoples's choice.   Maybe I'll even see the trophy someday.    I just wish the pic of the hot chick would have come out clear  :'(    I don't think I had it on autofocus somehow trying to pull a fast one. 

MoparYoungGun

Brain, your car is drop dead gorgeous :drool5: ! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your hood and is the scoop funcitional? It looks awsome!