News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone into Def Leppard?

Started by Wakko, July 23, 2005, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Saw them tonight for the first time since '93...they still got it!  I was disappointed that they only played an hour and forty five minutes with no opener, but it was high energy the whole time.  All old stuff, a couple covers, even had the sound effects with Gods of War.  I'd have liked to hear some of their newer stuff too, but that's ok, it was a great show.  One of the things Joe Elliott said at the end was "Don't forget us and we won't forget you!"   Not sure what he meant by that.    ???
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Telvis

My wife likes them. I can't say I was ever a huge fan.

JimShine

Very cool! Not a huge fan, but i have them twice and met them once. The first time was in 1988. My best memory was of Steve. Then I saw them in 1992.

Did they play anything made before Pyromania? I remember a few years ago they spoke in an interview how they didn't play any "On through the nigh"t or "High and Dry" songs because neither of the guitar players were involved in those songs and they didn't feel it was right to force them to play that stuff. That turned me off as that is my favorite era of Def Leppard.

mustanghater

who are you unholy darkness or somthing
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Wakko

Why does liking Def Leppard put me in the same category as that retard?    ::)  And no, nothing from HD or OTN.  Mainly Hysteria.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

SuBLimE 69

I put their tape in the same box as my mullet and stone washed jeans (with a zillion holes) .... Then I burned it  :flame:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Ponch ®

QuoteAnyone into Def Leppard?

No, I have a penis.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Def Leppard is my favorite band. Unfortunely I have never seen them in concert in person. But as far as what he said at the end, Joe has always said that as long as no one forgets the band, they will be around to perform. I just hope their next album is harder then the last one "X". I think the ballads are only ok. I prefer the harder rock songs. "X" only had 3 hard songs that I really liked a lot.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wakko

Yeah, X was good, but definitely a step away from the Fab 4 (Pyro, Hyst, Aden, Euph).  They're putting out a cover CD and more greatest hits...and what the hell is the point of that? 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Iceman on July 23, 2005, 12:43:57 PM
QuoteAnyone into Def Leppard?
:hah:

No, I don't have a penis.

:scratchchin:

Never bought anything past, "Hysteria", but they were the first concert I got to see (1987).

Rick's one-armed drum solo was pretty cool. :punkrocka:

Plus, there was way more chicks at that concert then when I went to see Metallica the next year. :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

my73charger

Mefirst

Never been into Def Lepard.. I got the Hysteria album, but after listening to it once, I kinda felt I should take it back to the record store and get my money back.. So in other words -Def Lepard sucks :icon_smile_dead:

Lowprofile

One of the best from the 80's & 90's.

Mullets Rock :musik010: :punkrocka:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

JimShine

Sorry guys, "On through the Night" and "High and Dry" are a whole different world than the later, commercial stuff they did. I can see the remarks about Pyromania and after (I like that stuff too, but nothing from the 90's and later), but that earlier stuff was part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal and was awesome.

NHCharger

Their first albums were 5 kids rocking out. they were all talented musicians and had a recording contract when they were 17/18. Once Mutt Lange started producing them their sound got to " bubblegum" for me, although I do like several songs on their Hysteria album.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ponch ®

gotta give their drummer props..dude's got one arm.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

firefighter3931

Yep, i like them ! Just threw Hysteria into the cd player !   :devil: The tour is heading this way later in the summer :musik010: The other band from that era i really like is the Scorpions......seen them twice and they didn't disapoint either time. :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

General_01

Me and my wife like them. My fav album is Pyromania. We are going to see them next Friday. They are touring with Bryan Adams. Should be fun.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Wakko

Bryan Adams wasn't with them here in Florida, but I didn't mind...I'm not a huge fan. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Silver R/T

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 23, 2005, 03:08:48 PM
One of the best from the 80's & 90's.

ha ha people looking like from mad max series lmao

Mullets Rock :musik010: :punkrocka:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CFMopar

I like def Leppard they got lots of good songs. But Im a bigger deep purple fan.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

4cruzin

Def Leppard ROCKS!!  I saw them with Ozzy and Randie Roads when they were just starting out.  At first I was like . . . WHo's Def Leppard??  Then they started playing and it all came together!  Thats who they are.  Had heard the songs but didn't know the name!  That was a long time ago in the 80's at Pine Knob in Michigan!   Saw alot of great concerts there!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TruckDriver

Actually, Def Leppard would look more like this...

:musik010: :musik010:
:METAL:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

2fast4u

Def Leppard photo in the younger days...........
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

2fast4u

A pic from what I remember them looking like when I was in my Teen's.................
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!