News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona length?

Started by dads_69, February 12, 2007, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Looking to buy an enclosed trailer, found a 20 footer, but how long is a Daytona nose to tail?
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemigeno

I can't put a tape measure on mine at the moment, but they are just a shade under 19 feet long.  A '70 Charger's base dimension was 208.5 nose-to-tail, so you can essentially add 18" to that dimension.

hemigeno

Glad to help, Mark. 

I'm kicking around what kind of trailer I want to get for hauling my 'Tona around once it gets done.  By the time I add some breathing room at the front & back of the car, room for a golf cart (sideways), and some cabinets, I'm pushing a 30' box.  Gooseneck territory if I want all that extra room, but I haven't decided for certain if I want to make that kind of investment.

22' should work fine for you though, unless you have base cabinets - and then you'd have to go 24' at least.  I've hauled several cars around in my friend's 26' Vantage (with some base cabinets up front), and the extra room is really nice - especially when tying the car down.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: dads_69 on February 12, 2007, 08:24:48 PM
Looking to buy an inclosed trailer, found a 20 footer, but how long is a Daytona nose to tail?
Mark

226.5...Inches that is...

I'm in the same boat...I'm going to buy an enclosed trailer, probably this spring/summer and I don't want to get something TOO big.

I'm thinking 26 foot-no base cabinets  :shruggy:...

hemigeno

Assuming by 26' that means the box length, that would work really nice - especially if you aren't putting base cabinets in front of it.  You'll have tons of extra room!

Daytona R/T SE

Yep, I meant box length. I thought about having a few upper cabinets and a fold down table across the front.

Of course if I listen to my freind's ( The trailer "expert") opinion nothing short of his 36 foot gooseneck will do...

His trailer hasn't left his driveway in five years and his "Race car" he keeps in it hasn't been started since there was a peanut farmer in the Whitehouse. ;D

hemigeno

Maybe you can get a 22' trailer to store his racecar in while you drag that 36' gooseneck all over creation...
Tell him you're just trying to keep his tires from dryrotting off the rims   :P

dads_69

I found a 24' footer for $9,995.00 Thats the best price I've found on line and by phone calls.Its a Pace vs. a Haulmark. No extras, meaning cabinets, extra gas,water storage,windows, nothing. flat nose front, not v nose, which is fine by me, v nose if much more money since it defects wind better for gas mileage. Wife said just get a regular car trailer and give up on a enclosed. $3,500.00 for a 7ft.10'' x 18' flat trailer. I may just hold out till end of summer now, its going to be my chargers storage next few years during my off time for being able to work on it.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on February 13, 2007, 01:27:34 AM
Maybe you can get a 22' trailer to store his racecar in while you drag that 36' gooseneck all over creation...
Tell him you're just trying to keep his tires from dryrotting off the rims   :P

Actually the "Race Car" belongs in a dumpster ( it's a Chevy ;) ) and all four tires on it are flat, weathered and cracked, so I think it's too late :devil:

nascarxx29

I believe on some paperwork I have its 226.5
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mikepmcs

My 25 footer hauled my 69 ok with a little room to spare, but none on the sides.  Those fender wells inside the trailer are a nightmare.  I had to climb in and out of my 55 chevy's window after I drive it in there which I don't like.(my winch wasn't working at the time)

Make sure you invest in a winch for sure.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: dads_69 on February 14, 2007, 01:35:58 AM
HaulMark dealer called me and said they'll sell me a 22'' enclosed for $9,300.00 any color I want 7000 GVW. The 24'' trailers are not HaulMarks, they are an off brand which I don't care for. I'm gonna order won since they only have white in stock. Now I need to get the wife something equivalent for our anniversary this year. Gonna be an expensive year!
Mark

I wouldn't consider the 7000lb gvw trailers. The trailer itself weighs in the neighborhood of 3500-4000lbs load a 4000lb charger in there and you're already overweight, then add in a couple of cabinets, a tool box, a few spare parts,etc. and you're WAY over...

Step up to heavier axles. I think there're 5200lbs each?

What options are you getting on your trailer?  $9300 seems high to me, but I'm not sure how fancy you're getting.

The Haulmark I priced last year was around 7K with the heavier axles...
But then I'm a cheap bastard...

hotrod98

I just sold my 26' Classic Dominator trailer for 7k. Would cost at least 10k to replace it. My next enclosed trailer will be a 32' gooseneck style and have the left hand door over the fenders so that I can open the door on the car once it has been loaded.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams