News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 GTS 383 4 speed Dart

Started by LeeBoy, September 05, 2005, 08:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBoy

I have a chance to pick this car up for $1500! It is complete, no rust(needs quarters due to a hack job for bigger tires). Missing original motor(original is in the previous owners pick up in the same town,but the guy won't part with it! :flame:). Comes with a good 383, been in storage 20+ years. The only problem is that it's in West Virginia and I'm in Pennsylvania. A good friend of mine knows the car well(sorry no pics). My dilemma is no space and the distance plus DBW(Death BY Wife). It's a pretty rare car I believe so what do you guys think? :punkrocka:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

MoparYoungGun

BUY IT :yesnod: ! There was 5,717 made in '69, not sure about how many 383 four speeds though. Your correct, they are rare and desirable. Good luck :cheers: !

Old Moparz

If it's a real, rust free, 383 GTS for $1500, I wouldn't be asking whether I should get it, it would be on my trailer already. I know someone with a nice 340 GTS who put a 440 in it. He also has an original 440 GTS he's been working on.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger4404spd

As far as the wife goes.......it easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!
Sounds like a very good deal.

bull

That there is a no-brainer. I'd grab a 383 4spd Dart in a millisecond. Besides, there's no way you'd lose a dime at that price. You could turn a hefty profit if you sold it the day after you bought it.

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on September 05, 2005, 10:02:57 AM
That there is a no-brainer. I'd grab a 383 4spd Dart in a millisecond. Besides, there's no way you'd lose a dime at that price. You could turn a hefty profit if you sold it the day after you bought it.
:iagree: except I'd beat you to it   ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69_500

Definately pick it up. I know where a 69 Dart 383 4 speed GTS is for not a bad price as well. But its white and I don't care for white too much.

RT/SE

I'd go for it because you'll kick yourself for the rest of your life if you don't buy the car.   As far as your wife, here's what I would say "Honey, I didn't buy this car for me but I bought it for us and our future since it's such a good investment"   See very simple.......its all in the delivery.   If she picks up a frying pan or a bat just run like hell for the door   ;D

mopar_madman

1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

mustanghater

you can drop it off at my house if you want  :icon_smile_big:
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

89MOPAR

Pennsylvania to West Virginia = long distance ??
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Lowprofile

Bro, what did you really expect, someone here to say, "Naw, those Darts grow on trees" I'd pass on it.   :slap: :slap: :slap: Why the Hell aren't you there yet picking that car up yet?? :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

LeeBoy

QuoteBro, what did you really expect, someone here to say, "Naw, those Darts grow on trees" I'd pass on it.        Why the Hell aren't you there yet picking that car up yet??
  :D Well I guess I knew that everyone would tell me to get it,Iwas just looking for some back up because my wife is not to keen on having anymore cars sitting around, I think that is the case with most of you out there as well. :icon_smile_dead:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Big Lebowski

There's a local here with a nice driver GTS 383 4 speed Dart. He wants $17,000. It's here every week at the (San Diego) La Mesa Thurs. night car show. Cool car.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."