News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics as promised. Roof finally finished.

Started by clausoe, July 23, 2005, 09:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clausoe

I had a thread going on the old board while I did some major surgery on the roof and quarters on my 68. Well I promised some pics when the work was done and here they are..

First pics are a little reminder of what it looked like a few months ago.

Great to be driving again and thanks again to everyone who gave me great advice.

Mefirst

Damn that was one big hole in your roof... Did you use a "english" wheel to shape the new roof piece?

/Tom

Ps. Your ride looks awsome..

tomonty

WOW! She turned out great! Awesome looking ride :thumbs:
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Telvis

The abilities of some of you folks here on this site are just short of amazing. You made that look easy. Your car is beautiful.

BigBlockSam

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD. YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB. RENE
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

clausoe

Quote from: Mefirst on July 23, 2005, 10:03:27 AM
Damn that was one big hole in your roof... Did you use a "english" wheel to shape the new roof piece?

/Tom

Ps. Your ride looks awsome..

Thanks, no I didn't have an english wheel and thats just one reason it took such a long time. I probably used a couple of weeks just working the shape into that piece before I even cut the hole. I can't begin to describe how great it feels to know the roof is all steel and rust free, here is before I put the vinyl on.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PlumBad70

I remember seeing that on the old board...boy did it turn out awesome, great job! :drool5:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Telvis

Was the vinyl difficult to install? I'm debating on doing my own.

Mefirst

If I find rust on my Chargers roof, well then Ill come over to Norway and you can redo it :yesnod:

/Tom

kikgas01

WOW.I replaiced the whole roof skin on mine and you made it look easy to fix.Great Job!!!

Silver R/T

vinyl isnt hard to do if you take time and read a lot how to do it

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69pistolgripRT

I kinda liked the custom sunroof you were working on!

Turned out great....
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

Ghoste

Seeing that gives me hope.  I have a factory vinyl top with a lot of cancer under it.

Lostsheep

Just 6T9 CHGR

Turned out really nice!   Cheers!    :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

CB

Thumbs up for the great job !!! It looks perfect!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

clausoe

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Telvis, I would say vinyl is a little hard to do but it is like Silver R/T says, you MUST take your time and read about it first. And if you know somebody who's done it before don't be afraid to ask for assistance.
This was a great help.    http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/misc/4.html
I would say the most important thing is to get it centered properly, if you get that right and follow the instructions the seams will turn out nice and straight and you learn alot as you go.

amidemon

Congrats on an awesome job.   I'm gonna need your skills when it comes time to tear off my vinyl roof.   Check out these bumps under the vinyl:

It's pretty much like that everywhere, but especially so in the tough places like along the sail panel ridge and the windshield   :icon_smile_sad:

Silver R/T

let me know if you wanna do some work on my charger :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Croatia

That is great job!  :yesnod:
I have to make few patches around a car (not on the roof) and now I'm more confident to do that on my own.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

bull

Good work. The damage must be the work of a vinyl top, eh? That's why I don't like vinyl tops.

MoparYoungGun

Turned out great Clausoe, you did an excellent job :cheers: !

RD

Le toit paraît beau. Vous avez fait un travail remarquable. Vous donner une caresse sur le dos et aller la boisson un froid agréable l'un. Vous le méritez. Félicitations.

votre Jamey d'ami
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NYCMille

VERY NICE job!! Man, I wish had the talent to do work like that.

Cheers to you! :cheers:

clausoe

amidemon, it was the same kind of bumps that made me tear the vinyl off my roof. Ironically it was not where the bumps were that needed welding. The bumps were rust all right but it could be grinded away with enough metal to spare. The place that needed welding was some kind of previous damage that was covered with bondo after it had started to rust severely, it didn't show before the vinyl was off and revealed itself as I was taking the roof to bear metal. :-\

bull, I'm hoping it will be a little more long lasting now that it's been properly primered and painted before I put the vinyl on. :yesnod:

Quote from: RD on July 25, 2005, 09:08:57 AM
Le toit paraît beau. Vous avez fait un travail remarquable. Vous donner une caresse sur le dos et aller la boisson un froid agréable l'un. Vous le méritez. Félicitations.

votre Jamey d'ami

What? Is that french? :)

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

clausoe

RD

well sumbitch!!!  let me look into my repetoire!

Deres bil ser stor! Jeg venter se pics av motoret og all goodies under hetten. God utstilling De viking.

Charge It!

Great job and craftmanship. That Roy fella on American Hot Rod should take lessons from you!

Charger_Fan

Very impressed (still).   :bow: Very nice work!

Glad to see you've got it all done and are out enjoying all the  :2thumbs: from onlookers.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)