News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Well I can finally let the cat out of the bag... Thank GOD!

Coming up next month on March 13th @ 10pm there will be a new reality show debuting on Spike TV call "BULLRUN" (think Cannonball Run) and well, I'm on it with the Charger. Some of you may have already seen the promo's Spike is running for it. The show is based on the Bullrun International Road Rally of the same name and was made into a 10 episode reality show on Spike TV - if all goes well, it will be a HUGE success.

You will see classics to big money exotics to imports running BALLS OUT all over the U.S.. The best part of it was that I got to do it in my 1968 Dodge Charger... we ran over 4000 miles and drove the nuts off this car. It was probably the most fun ANYONE can have. Goldberg is the host and I can honestly say that aside from being a real car guy and MOPAR NUT, he is probably one the nicest guys I've met. Just a regular down to earth guy who loves cars (mine especially :thumbs:).

When you see the driving we did and the challenges we went through I think everyone will be floored as I can honestly say that I have NEVER driven my car this hard and pushed it to the limits that I pushed it too - when people see it I think they will gain some real respect for these cars. I think (and hope) that I make Charger owners everywhere proud to own these cars and hopefully when people see the Charger on TV it will inspire them to go and save a few more of them.

One more thing - I'm a 6'4", 235lb. Italian guy that who was born in NYC and grew up in Brooklyn is a former bouncer and the license plate on my car says "MR ANGRY"... that being said it should give everyone and idea of what kind of person I'll be shown as... I can guarentee it will make for some VERY exciting TV.

Cheers and I hope everyone can tune in.

Here is a link for the show preview and the pic that is attached... and well, thats not smoke behind the car, it's one big hairy explosion :METAL: :drive:

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgdeNeMIzwY

skip68

:2thumbs:  I wouldn't miss it for the world.  That is so cool.    Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RT DAVE

I imagine you can't tell us if you won the contest, can you?  Congratulations even if you didn't.  How much do you think the value of your car will go up after this airs?  I'm guessing anywhere between triple-quadruple (sp?).   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Johnny SixPack

That's awesome, man! :METAL:

Is that why you were doin' all the beefin' up on the front end?

Also maybe why you were thinkin' about the 'stock car' look last year?

Whatever the case, I can't wait for the show to start! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

4forty

Incredible!...my favorite Charger on a Cannonball type show!!! Can't wait! I'm SURE you made us all real proud, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  oh boy, this is gonna be good.

Shakey

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RECHRGD

WOW !!!!! And to think I even talked to you on the phone before your star status.  We've got the TV programmed for it already.  Big congratulations to you Mike.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

chargerboy69

Wow, that is freakin cool.  Your car is definatley TV worthy. Congratulations. I will make sure to DVR every episode.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

NYCMille

Thanks guys...

Honestly it was like nothing I have ever experienced. The production was f'ing' HUGE and the footage everyone is going to see will simply blow you away... hell, it blows me away and I was there. It is truly phenominal stuff. When you actually see what I put the Charger through and how hard I drove that car I have a feeling I'll be getting mixed responses from people - some will be cheering and others will just say "Did he really just do that with that car?". Just know that I did ALL THE DRIVING in this show and never once did anyone else place their hands on the steering wheel. It was a total rip.
:drive:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brock Samson

that's great!
but you just don't ever look angrey to me...  :-\

Thanks for carrying the flag for us Moparians..
can't wait to see ya' havin fun!  :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

thats great! Mr Angry, thats funny . i'm gonna set my tivo for it . congrats , thats a very cool thing Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NYCMille on February 15, 2007, 12:21:23 PM
When you actually see what I put the Charger through and how hard I drove that car I have a feeling I'll be getting mixed responses from people - some will be cheering and others will just say "Did he really just do that with that car?". Just know that I did ALL THE DRIVING in this show and never once did anyone else place their hands on the steering wheel. It was a total rip.
:drive:
That's the way it should be. :2thumbs: Your car, drive it like you want to. :yesnod:
That sounds like something most of here would give our left nad to be able to do, congrats Man!! :cheers:

I'm gonna miss it, I hope it get's released on DVD shortly afterward. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

Brock - I truly believe that Captain Chaos is the greatest Super Hero ever... and Dom... he's just plain funny. Thankfully though, I am a little more svelt then him.

HITMAN 149

mike....
that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm sure you wouldn't have done anything to hurt the  car!!! before anybody rags on ya!!!!!!!!
i just marked the date on my calendar!!!!!!!
btw..that's a cool pic of you sittin!!!!!!!
hmmmmm...no hints on the finale?!?!?!?!? hahahahaha mum is the word?? ehhhh?!?!?! hahahaha
later..........
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Back N Black

jasonfromIKILLYA

I have been so psyched for this show and now I'm even more!!  I am so envious!!!  Damn dude, that is so awesome!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

hookem78613

How did you get on the show?  Did you have to audition or something?  That is SWEET!

Hookem
68 Charger R/T - 440 Stoker /727&lt;br
72 Barracuda - 440 / 727
71 Nova

Recharger

That's too cool, I can't wait to see the Charger out there tearing it up.   :2thumbs:

Does this mean we have to add you to the "Celebrity Mopar enthusiast" thread now?   :icon_smile_wink:

PocketThunder

Quote from: hookem78613 on February 15, 2007, 05:13:51 PM
How did you get on the show?  Did you have to audition or something?  That is SWEET!

Hookem

I think he was driving down the road one day and some black guys in a van or suv yelled at him out the window and asked him if he wanted to be on a show.  or something.  am i close Mike??

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

It s about time there is something decent on Spike TV.  Its been going down hill ever since they quit showing MXC on thursday nights!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Believe or not but actually I found out about it through moparts.com. Someone had posted a link that just said "Want to be on TV with your car"... so I clicked on it. That took me to the Bullrun casting site on SpikeTV. I filled out a quick application and sent in a few pics of the car. About a 2 weeks later a casting agent called and asked if myself and my buddy could send in an audition tape so my buddy and I made a tape and sent it in. We didn't think we had a chance in hell... but they called us and said we had to go LA for an in your face interview... so we flew out there, had the interview and "POOF!" we got it...

Crazy right?

The show should be great as there has NEVER been anything like this done before... ever and they really went all out, I can't wait for you guys to see it. This in no PINKS or OVERHAULIN' - this is truely a show where you will see people going BALLS OUT in their own cars. It was not shot in standard TV show format either but more of a cinematic style so it is not going to look the standard reality show - it will look more like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. Everyone you see on this show drives THEIR OWN cars and everyone pushed these things their limits. The experience was simply unreal and when you see the Charger tearing it up.... and it does TEAR IT UP!!! I think everyone is going to want to go out create a little mischief in their cars... I know we did.
:METAL:

SnoPro440

I have the date marked on my calendar too.  I have seen a few commercials for it and it looks like it's going to be a good show.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU