News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440hp 727 kickdown linkage

Started by charger01, September 05, 2005, 05:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

does anyone have a pic handy of a kickdown and throttle linkage from a 440 with a 727.  Its in my 69 charger with a 4 barrel edelbrock carb.  I have a bunch of linkages laying around and cant figure out how to piece em all together. thanks in advance guys

original72

im not sure but i think in 69 they still had the 3 piece kickdowm linkage... you might be better off with a later model with a one piece rod but im not sure if it will clear the firewall....

8WHEELER

68 440HP with a Holley. kickdown would be the same just the bracket on the carb is not the same.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Beer

Not sure if this will help

Here is a scan from a manual

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger01

that is very close to what I have except the bracket is a little different.  Is the bracket for the 69 held down by 1 or 2 intake bolts?  Another quick question.  My car was a factory 383 2 barrell car.  There isnt any difference in the throttle cable is there?  Thanks for all the help guys

John_Kunkel

This is correct for the 3-piece linkage:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

charger01

thank you for the pics gentelmen. throttle cable is the same right?

Ghoste