News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small block question

Started by golden73, September 05, 2005, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden73

Anyone have a ball park figure as to what a 360 weighs? I just pulled mine out and have in on a 1250 lb stand, and that thing is flexing pretty bad. One of the back wheels is even off the ground!

Plumcrazy

Are you sure it's a 1250 lb stand ?
I don't know what a 360 weighs but it's nowhere near that.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

golden73

Im positive it is a 1250lb stand. I figured the 360 would weigh around 800 or so.

Beer

Congrads on getting it out!

What was it hung up on?

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

golden73

It was the driveshaft that was holding me back. Got the motor and the tranny out as a whole.

Now its time to start disassembly, and then beefing it up. But I will save that for another thread, soon to come  ;D

Chryco Psycho

a Small block will be in the 580 lb range

golden73

Thanks Chryco!

I guess its time for an angry phone call to jeg's

I still can't believe this stand is flexing so much!

Plumcrazy

Quote from: golden73 on September 06, 2005, 04:08:30 PM

I guess its time for an angry phone call to jeg's

I still can't believe this stand is flexing so much!

Maybe you have too much gravity in your area.  :smilielol:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

Gravity is a myth .... the earth Sucks

Ghoste

So maybe it sucks more at golden73's garage?

golden73

Im not at a high elevation at all... I don't know what the number is, but its the stand being crappy, not the gravity  ^-^

Ghoste

Maybe Jeg's sent you a stand for one of those "stock" Chevy's with all the secret Smokey Yunick approved lightweight components inside.