News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much horsepower?

Started by Troy, July 23, 2005, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Anyone catch the Tour de France today? Lance won his first stage in this year's race which pretty much clinches his 7th consecutive title. Here's the part that really is amazing:
"Armstrong's time was 1 hour, 11 minutes and 46 seconds, for an average speed of 46.4 kilometers (28.8 miles) per hour. His three children were at the finish to see him climb onto the podium and don another race leader's yellow jersey -- the 82nd of his career."
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-tourdefrance&prov=ap&type=lgns

That's the average over the 34.5 mile course. I remember last year when he averaged over 15 mph on a mountain stage where some of the climbs were too steep to rate. Truly incredible. If I were a bike racer I'd want to be a rookie either this year or last. These other guys are good but the last seven years would have been a bad time to be in your prime.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dans 68

Pretty amazing. The only way that Lance would have faltered would be through mechanical failure or a crash. I'm glad, and not surprised, that he won this last stage. He wanted to retire on top, and no other athlete has been on top for as long AND retiring after the last competition (Michael Jordan came back after that last bucket). This assumes that the final leg into Paris is anti-climatic. Just amazing.... :o

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Vainglory, Esq.

Guess who's walking the 5 blocks to the Champs-Elysees tomorrow to see the finish of the Tour? ;D

kab69440

Truly amazing, given the fact that I can barely top out at 25 mph on my bike, without something to draft in front of me. And I cannot sustain that speed for more than a minute or so.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Silver R/T

I can go 40-50 down the hill on the bike :) I need to start biking again...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Yes! Truly AMAZING!!!  :o Hats off to Mr. Armstrong!
                          :bow: :iagree: :2thumbs: :punkrocka: :thumbs: :punkrocka: :cheers: :boogie: :patriot:

andy74

hey vain,how is it in old paree? is it true the chicks dont shave the pits?thats just groos!!!!!!!!!!!! O0look like this?

Drache

Robin Williams is a good friend of his and was there for Lance when he had his cancer....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Telvis

If I were travelling at 28.8 mph on a bike you can bet I'm gonna be attached to the back of something motorized. I'm also gonna be screaming for help. Just picture a circus bear riding a little tricycle. That's me on a bike just less hair. :icon_smile_big:
Lance Armstrong cannot be human.

Vainglory, Esq.

I was just there! ;)

Check out my blog (link in the signature) for a picture of Lance Armstrong on Rue Rivoli.

69_500

So exactly what are you doing over there Vain? Just on a vacation? Or was it intentional to see the end of the Tour?

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: 69_500 on July 24, 2005, 06:50:45 PM
So exactly what are you doing over there Vain? Just on a vacation? Or was it intentional to see the end of the Tour?

Study abroad.  I'm learning le French.