News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A question for the law enforcement members on the board......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, September 05, 2005, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuBLimE 69

Aight, After a flood of PMs I'll post my 2 cents.   
I'd have to say that being nice is better than coming off like a jerk.   We deal with jerks every damn night.   Most of the people we come in contact with hate us for simply wearing the uniform so when I stop someone for a traffic violation is nice to talk to someone who isn't a complete asshole.   The people who don't want to argue about the violation no matter how minor or major are already winning brownie points in my book.   Some officers are going to write you a ticket no matter what and these officers are usually assigned to a traffic unit and there sole purpose is to go out and write tickets (ALOT OF TICKETS).   Most of them are assholes.   They are rude to you because the 10 other people they have already given tickets to got pissed and were rude to them.   if everyone around you is pissed off I'd imagine it would take a toll of your demeanor after awhile...?
I personally don't find any pleasure in writing the "working man" a ticket but sometimes he is gonna get a driving award from me.   I cut a million people a break but you must first understand that I work in a "low rent / high crime" area so when I am enforcing traffic laws I am looking for bad people in these cars.   You couldn't imagine what kind of things you can arrest someone for simply because you stopped them for having a burned out tag light.   One thing leads to another and I am finding burlgars, car thieves, drug couriers, armed robbers.....you name it THEY ALL DRIVE at some point.   If I stop a car and Joe citizen is driving and I don't have any reason to suspect him of being some type of bad guy then he will drive away with a warning or nothing at all, unless he has a shitty attitude.   Give me some lip or argue and I'll write you the ticket everytime.   It's nice to stop nice people !   
ex:   I stopped a young kid on the interstate for 30 over the speed limit.   At his age thats an automatic license suspension, huge fine, increased insurance rates..if anyone will cover him, and he still has to suffer the wrath of his parents.   I had stopped a few other vehicle that night and all of the driver were complete assholes.   They were rude, they want to argue, they curse at me, leave the stereo volume cranked up, and park real damn close to the roadway on purpose, but yet I am still supposed to be nice !?!   None of them had been going as fast as this kid but they all got tickets.   This kid was on his way back to the projects to go home, coming from work and still wearing his grocery store uniform and his car was a complete POS with numerous equipment violations.   I asked him why he was driving so fast and he stated he had no excuses, he knew he was speeding.   He referd to me as Officer, Sir, and was very well spoken for a young black male raised in the projects.   His parents had obviously done something right so I thought... what to do.... I can write the kid a ticket because he was speeding but what have I accomplished.   Some would say I taught him a lesson...do you really think so ?   I think I have just cost him his job since he can't drive to work anymore, cost him more money than he would make in a month working at a grocery store, and his folks are gonna kick his ass when he gets home.   I know he can't afford the ticket so they are just gonna lock him up and give him probation.   Why F this kid over a speeding ticket when he has been completely nice to me so far and everyone else had been such pricks....I was glad someone decent was left on the interstate so I decided to teach him my lesson.   I made him think I had called his folks, explained to him that he was basically f'ed for driving so fast.   After hoping this had made an impression on him I told him he was free to leave, slow down and have a good night.   I sat back in my car but he didn't drive away.   He even got out and started to walk back to my car.   I asked him what was wrong and he stated.   "Mr. Officer...you forgot to give me my ticket."   I explained to him that I apprecited the fact that I could stop some one black and not be accused of being a racist within the first 5 seconds of the stop.   That he was the first motorist all night that hadn't been an prick and I was gonna let him go with no charges and I really hadn't called his folks.   To say the least he was a pretty happy camper but he still insisted he was sorry and had learned a valuable lesson.   About a month later I was in the parking lot loading up when this kids dad pulled up.   The kid handed me a typed 1,000 word essay titled "the dangers of speeding"   this essay was full of information about accidents statistics etc.   I was floored anyone would go to this kind of trouble when he was free and clear.   His father explained to me that he had told them about him being pulled over and " a real nice white cop let me go".   His father even stated he had worked on this report at the local library and wanted to give it to me to show he had learned his lesson since I had been so nice and not yanked his license.   

Those are the kinds of people that deserve a break.   Not Shaniqua the ghetto prom queen who yells at me for her window as I walk up to the car "I ain't did nuttin offica"   while her 3 illegitimate children from 3 different fathers are sitting in the back seat not in car seats.   She curses me saying she can't pay this "cuz I'm on welfare" but she is driving a Navigator and the kids are wearing FUBU clothes and matching Shaq basketball shoes.   As she blows her cigarette smoke in my face she says: "You just stopping me cuz I'm black and I gots a nice car'ah".   Now I was raised not to hit a woman but I really would love to beat the ghetto stupid right out of this princess but I can't so what do I do ?   I give her everydamn ticket i can think of !   I could publish her new driving record as a novel when i am finished with her.   had she acted like a decent person and not like a complete bish then she would have drove away with nothing but a warning and maybe some tickets for not restraining her kids. Does she understand I fight crime in her neighborhood while she and her kids sleep tight under the protection that I and my polyester wearing brothers provide for her ?   Does she understand that just a weeks before I stopped a vehicle near her home and took numerous incoming rounds before I got out of my vehicle....Does she care that one of my buddies was shot all to hell the month before just a few hundred yards from where I stopped her ?   Thats the kind of trash I deal with where I work....but everynight I still manage to be nice to the nice people ....... but you can bet your ass I'm mean ass hell to the mean people.

I'm sure the anti cop people are just getting warmed up.   With that in mind I like this forum so I prolly won't reply to those....."People"

Doug

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

SuBLimE 69

Oh a few parting thoughts:

What cops would like the public to know…….

When you see an emergency vehicle behind you with its lights and sirens on,
pull to the RIGHT, and Stop. We are usually required to pass cars on the left.

When you're driving in the fast lane and you see a cop behind you, don't go
5 mph under the speed limit. We are not impressed by how safe of a driver you can be, we're trying to go help someone (or catch that guy in the SUV that just cut you off). Safely move over and let us pass please.

If you get a warning instead of a ticket from a motorcycle cop, go buy a
lottery ticket, because you've already beaten the odds.

When you see an officer conducting a traffic stop, or with a suspect in
handcuffs, it is generally not a good idea to approach him and ask for directions. If you do, don't  expect the officer to be nice when he tells you to get lost, and don't  expect the officer to take the time to explain.

If a cop causes a car accident we usually get a ticket, and sometimes we
get suspended. When is the last time you got 3 days off [without pay] for rear-ending a guy at Wal-Mart.

If you think you can fan all the pot smoke out of the car before we smell
it, good luck.

We know you've had more than 2 beers. I've had two beers, but didn't hit
six parked cars or driven my car through the front doors of a Toys-R-Us, pissed my pants, or passed out at a traffic light

Here's how to get out of a ticket, don't break the law.

If you drive a piece of crap; that is why you're getting pulled over.

In two days I pulled over 10 cars for minor equipment violations.
5 out of 10 had no vehicle insurance.
3 out of 10 had suspended driver's licenses.
2 out of 10 had warrants.
1 out of 10 had felony warrants.
1 was a known sex offender with his 12 year old niece in the car
without her mothers knowledge.

If you've just been pulled over doing 70 in a 35, Do Not greet the officer
with "what seems to be the problem, officer."

We get coffee breaks too, and sometimes we run into stores and do some
shopping during them.

When you're the victim of a burglary take the time you spend waiting for
the officer to find the model #'s and the serial #'s of the stuff that was taken.

Some cops are just jerks, but take heart in the fact that other cops don't
like them either.

If it's nighttime and you're driving a vehicle with tinted windows and I
pull you over. It's not because of your skin color, I usually can't tell if the vehicle even has a driver until the windows rolled down.

Every time you hear on the news about people running away from a crazed
gunman, someone's son or daughter in a police uniform is running TOWARD
that crazed gunman.

Yes it's true, cops usually don't give other cops tickets. Think of it as an employee discount, perk or benefit. Other Cops are family and you wouldn’t give your brother a ticket if you were a cop either.

If your local police agency has a helicopter everyone knows it's loud and
annoying, but did you know it can cover the same area as 15-20 patrol officers, and safely chase criminals that are driving 90 MPH through city streets. Many times the guy has no idea it's there and slows down.

Your 5 year old kid getting pushed down by another 5 year old kid is NOT a
police matter, talk to the other kids parents.

If your kid won't do his homework or do his chores, 911 is not the answer
for a uniformed parent.

Police work is...writing reports.

If you rob a gas station you're only going to get $20, but I get to see a
K-9 dog use your arm as a chew toy. For all I care you can keep the $20.

In 1 year of patrol work in a large city only about 10 minutes would be
cool enough to be on the television show, COPS. But if COPS was about report writing and accident reports each show would be a year long.

Every traffic stop could end in gunfire, but we have to be polite and
professional until that time.

I've taken about the same amount of men & women to jail for domestic
violence, so NO it's not always the man.

People love fire fighters.

If you find crack pipes in the ladies purse, there is a good chance they
belong to her.

If the light was yellow, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Cops know you pay taxes and that your taxes pay cops' salaries. Cops also
pay taxes, which also pay cops' salaries so, hey, this traffic stop is on me. Now sign here; press hard there’s five copies.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

73dodge

I generally find being respectful to cops is the way to go. Even if you don't like the guy wearing the uniform and he may be an a'hole the authority given to the police is what needs to be respected. Not all cops live up to that authority and if they are the one asking you to do something illegal than they are abusing that authority and for that reason should you resist.

That being said I am always respectful even though I've gotten 2 tickets with 3 months last year and was not happy about it.

I learned that lesson when I was in the military, we had low ranking Marines in charge of base security and one day a drunk Navy Lieutenant in civilan clothes tried to enter the base without any ID. The Marine Private at the gate tried to prevent him from entering and when the Lieutnant said FU I am an officer and you can't stop me and pushed him aside he got a .45 slug to the back of the head and was dropped on the spot. The Navy brass was all PO but they said to the officers and anyone else that may try to do something like that to remember one thing.

"Do not confuse a marines rank with his authority, he may be a buck private in rank, but he has the AUTHORITY to blow your head off if he has too. That includes everyone from the Admiral down to the lowest seaman."

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Wakko

Good post, Doug. 

And no, Kim, not shame on me.  As already stated, officers have discretion in anything misdemeanor and below.  Some folks might not be happy that I choose not to write someone that's a police officer.  I ask what YOU do for a living?  If you're a teacher, I won't write you a ticket either. If you drive a classic musclecar, unless you're doing something really stupid, you're not getting a ticket.  If you're an older person, you're not getting a ticket.  If you're a 16 year old and not doing something really stupid, you're not getting a ticket. If you have a Bible on the seat next to you and are going to church and are late, you're not getting a ticket.   So you see, me not writing another cop a ticket isn't unusual...I write 1 ticket out of ever 5-10 cars I stop...and I usually write for the lesser offense to save that person money.  Please don't pretend to know the policies and procedures of my department, as I can assure you that there's nothing in there about who we can or cannot write tickets to and what measures we use to determine who those peoeple are that DO get the tickets.   You also don't know me and don't know how I do my job.  I took a cop to jail once for misdemeanor battery and felony battery on a law enforcement officer.  I felt bad for doing it until his girlfriend said that he gets in trouble all the time and the cops usually just let him go.  Turns out he had a drinking problem.  He got arrested again a year later (again while drunk) and finally was terminated.  Do I publicize that information at work?  No, because some cops think that cops should get away with murder...and that's wrong.  So until you walk a beat in my Magnums, please don't pass judgment.

And that list above really is the truth. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Arthu®

Well I must first state that all you guys on here sound cool. But you have to understand that here in Holland every cop needs to write out a certain amount of tickets.

Ok so that means that they have to write a ticket, which is fine by me since well afterall I was at fault (most of the time). But well that is not the only thing they'll do. They will try to lecture you for half an hour on what you did wrong, while you made it clear that you would like to leave after you got your ticket. But instead they go on and on about what you did wrong and how dangerous it is.

A prime example of the dutch finest law enforcement, I work as a package delivery guy for the Dutch Mail.
So I already had a bad day (broke a mirror and bitten by a dog so a lil irritated), I come to a long street with at the end a school where I have to deliver a buch of books and get off again. The cops have pulled over a car with 2 cars and 5 police officers. They are questioning the 2 people on the side of the street. Well since the other side was being worked on I got just get by, but there is a cop standing on the road reading something.

Now I drive up to the officer, I know he can hear me I drive a pretty load diesel engine. But he pretents not to notice, so I press the clutch and punch the accelerator. He responds looks up and another officer comes to say I have to wait behind the cars until they are done. So I explain that I only have to be at the end of the street to deliver something, if I could please go by since well I don't have all day to deliver everything. Had loads of packages and a pretty tight schedule. But wasn't possible so I politely wait behind the police cars and write some stuff down about the route, etc. By them there were almost 10 minutes past and they hadn't moved, the guy was still standing in the middle of street reading his book.

So than I had had it and go by pressing the horn and not letting go. So the officer comes to talk to me (still holding onto the horn). Well I had to get out of the car and they wanted to see all the id's, licence, etc. Inspected all the lights on the van and the tires. While the other officer was telling me how dangerous it is to press the clutch and the go wot that if you let go of the clutch I could have killed the officer, blah blah blah.

So 30 minutes behind on schedule I finally get deliver my packages, it are police officers like that that make me think there are few good left out there. While if the officer whould have done 2 steps in the direction of the stopped car there would have been no problem at all...

Just my 2 cents it doesn't help to be polite, I have been stopped well a few good times and it makes no difference at all if you did something wrong they will give you a ticket. If you are a woman though, you will be let off. Unless you have one of the female cops that look to come right out of a lesbian prison movie.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

B5 Charger

Arthur,

Here in America ticket quota's are illegal and have been for a long time now.  I just wanted to make that clear before someone starts going off about cops filling their "ticket quota's".  Another myth is that all women get off with a warning.  Also not true.  I have written just as many, if not more, women tickets as I have men.  I also work with several female cops who have to endure being referred to as lesbians because some idiot is trying to be cute.  I'm sure there are some lesbian cops but just because they all don't look like Jessica Simpson doesn't automatically mean they are homosexual.  Finally, being nice doesn't always help but being an a-hole will make things twice as bad.  Either be polite or be indifferent.

JimShine

Yeah, the key is to be respectful, polite and honest and even if the situation has an officer being defensive (other disrespectful people involved in the situation) it will change their attitude towards you. I noticed in life that the people that complained the loudest about the police to me had major issues when dealing with authority. When confronted by the police in even simple situations they become loud and aggressive then bitch about being picked on. If they were polite, open and honest, everything would have been done and over with in no time flat. Instead they take a basic inquiry from the police as a personal attack on their character and start flapping at the gums like they have already been convicted of a crime.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: JimShine on September 09, 2005, 12:57:52 PM
Yeah, the key is to be respectful, polite and honest and even if the situation has an officer being defensive (other disrespectful people involved in the situation) it will change their attitude towards you. I noticed in life that the people that complained the loudest about the police to me had major issues when dealing with authority. When confronted by the police in even simple situations they become loud and aggressive then bitch about being picked on. If they were polite, open and honest, everything would have been done and over with in no time flat. Instead they take a basic inquiry from the police as a personal attack on their character and start flapping at the gums like they have already been convicted of a crime.

:iagree:

Well said, Jim.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Plumcrazy

Sometimes being polite and respectfull can pay off even after the traffic stop is over.
When I was 20 years old I was on my way to a bar/restaurant where my girlfriend/now wife was working as a cook.

I was stopped for having a loud exhaust system, which it was.   I was nice and polite and promised to fix it which probably helped me just get a warning.

So I go to where my girlfriend was working and was sitting at the bar drinking (underage) for about an hour when I looked over at the other end of the bar and saw the off duty officer that had pulled me over also drinking.   While I was thinking about what to do the bartender came over and asked if I had any ID.   I gave him the classic "it's out in the car" BS and got the hell out of there.   If I had been a smart ass with that cop earlierI'm sure it would have turned out differently.

And the funny thing is I can still remember the officers name 30 years later. :smilielol:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger_Fan

During my years of driving, I can say I've been ticketed for practically anything imagineable (mostly in my younger days :icon_smile_big:) & I learned early on that it was in my best interest to be polite to officers.

There have been a few instances where I have balked at the reason for being ticketed, but I only balked for a minute...since I knew it wouldn't be in my best interest to keep it up. ;D
I can say that there have been a few times I was completely surprised when I've been let off with warnings. I do usually try to make light of whatever situation I was pulled over for & I can usually notice a change in the Officer's demeanor.

Sublime, after reading your first post, it leaves me thinking two things...
1) How the hell do you keep your sanity sometimes from having to deal with so many morons?
2) Thanks for the job that you (& the rest of the Officer's here) do! I just know I'd turn into a raging asshole if I had to deal with that crap every day. :flame: :icon_smile_big:

One question...I've heard before that a cop's main peeve is expired tags, is that true or just some other person's peeve?

Yes, sadly, I frequently find myself with expired tags. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Wakko

My peeves are dark tag covers, tag lights out, tinted windshield.  Expired tags don't bother me unless it's over six months.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

itsbacon

bogus or expired tags, seatbelt violations and crashes. other than these you gotta work hard to get a hard copy from me.

Chargerguy74

I think this thread has helped prevent some tickets in my future.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chargerguy74

Quick question since there are a lot of police officers checking in on this thread. If I get a stunting ticket for doing a brake load, after the ticket is written could I legally start smoking the tires again on the spot. I can't be charged for the same thing if I haven't left the officers sight first right? I'd like to really earn my ticket.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

73dodge

I also have a question for our law enforcement guys

What's the statute of limitations for a speeding ticket that you recieved and did not pay?

Of course I am asking for a friend of mine and NOT for myself the ticket was received over 20 years ago while driving through Kentucky.

So what should I tell this friend????

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

itsbacon

'74 go ahead and flip 'em off while you are at it.(its freedom of speach) 73, if they aint revoked your, i mean his license yet i'd not be worried

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 10, 2005, 02:18:15 AM
Quick question since there are a lot of police officers checking in on this thread. If I get a stunting ticket for doing a brake load, after the ticket is written could I legally start smoking the tires again on the spot. I can't be charged for the same thing if I haven't left the officers sight first right? I'd like to really earn my ticket.
Oh yeah...Just make sure and tell him your trying to get your moneys worth.   LOL !  
73-   You might want to go to the local Police Station and request a copy of you driving history.   It will prolly cost you a few bucks but at least you would know for sure.   20 years ago...I'd imagine your just fine.
ChargerFan-   I really could work somewhere else....less action and less sh*tbag people..... but dealing with nice folks is boring.   The "low rent area" calls are for people shot....My babys day stole ma food stmaps ect....the "rich" folks call 911 because the paper guy missed the driveway and the newspaper got wet from the dew in the grass or my favorite..."leaves from his tress are falling in my yard"   ....no, I'm not kidding.   Heck I got a dispatched to a 911 call where the person demanded an officer come to his home and speak with him but refused to tell the 911 operator what his problem was.   I get there and he asks me if we can take the squirles out of his back yard because they were scaring off his birds and eating his bird seed.   He also told me I should have not parked in front of his house and that next time he called he expected me to use the "service entrance" where his maids ect come in.   If that wasn't enough to piss me off he stated "I know your just a cop and not real bright so I just figured I'd warn you before you did it again",   I then cussed him out and arrested him for miss use of 911.   He did resit arrest and I flogged his million dollar ass in his foyer.   that got me sued but he dropped his lawsuit when he was convicted.

When working in the "low rent" district I get into a fight with a local guy who I know from several other calls.   He has gotten real drunk and punched a complete stranger.   I get there and he tells me that he is "tired of seeing my cracka ass in neighborhood"   He then took a swing....and a miss.   I smacked the sh*t outa him and laid him on the ground.   An onlooker who was possibly the biggest woman I have ever seen says this "Officer, you good a whippin black folk....you didn't even wrinkle yo uniform".   That is possibly the funniest damn thing I have ever heard, I go to that apartment complex now and people tell me whatever I ask them...kind of an an odd respect.

73dodge

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 10, 2005, 11:53:34 AM
Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 10, 2005, 02:18:15 AM
Oh yeah...Just make sure and tell him your trying to get your moneys worth.  LOL ! 
73-  You might want to go to the local Police Station and request a copy of you driving history.  It will prolly cost you a few bucks but at least you would know for sure.  20 years ago...I'd imagine your just fine.
ChargerFan-  I really could work somewhere else....less action and less sh*tbag people..... but dealing with nice folks is boring.  The "low rent area" calls are for people shot....My babys day stole ma food stmaps ect....the "rich" folks call 911 because the paper guy missed the driveway and the newspaper got wet from the dew in the grass or my favorite..."leaves from his tress are falling in my yard"  ....no, I'm not kidding.  Heck I got a dispatched to a 911 call where the person demanded an officer come to his home and speak with him but refused to tell the 911 operator what his problem was.  I get there and he asks me if we can take the squirles out of his back yard because they were scaring off his birds and eating his bird seed.  He also told me I should have not parked in front of his house and that next time he called he expected me to use the "service entrance" where his maids ect come in.  If that wasn't enough to piss me off he stated "I know your just a cop and not real bright so I just figured I'd warn you before you did it again",  I then cussed him out and arrested him for miss use of 911.  He did resit arrest and I flogged his million dollar ass in his foyer.  that got me sued but he dropped his lawsuit when he was convicted.

When working in the "low rent" district I get into a fight with a local guy who I know from several other calls.  He has gotten real drunk and punched a complete stranger.  I get there and he tells me that he is "tired of seeing my cracka ass in neighborhood"  He then took a swing....and a miss.  I smacked the sh*t outa him and laid him on the ground.  An onlooker who was possibly the biggest woman I have ever seen says this "Officer, you good a whippin black folk....you didn't even wrinkle yo uniform".  That is possibly the funniest damn thing I have ever heard, I go to that apartment complex now and people tell me whatever I ask them...kind of an an odd respect.

:haha: :smilielol: :police:

man that's a hoot. I love the service entrance story.

BTW I could never be a cop I watch cops and I could not handle some ahole mouthin off at me, I would probably get sued and fired after my first week on the job because of over use of the service baton on someone's head.

Blown70

Well I have had good and bad with Police in my area.  The local or "city police" are just plain liers and I have nothing good to say about them

Example.  I, in the summer have a 2000 Firebird TransAm.  Red, Ram Air, Convert.  I only drive the car on nice days the car has never seen rain.  So, anyway.  I turn a corner on my way to the gym,  MIND you traction control system on.... I drop to first PUNCH it and let off when my car hits 25 as that was the speed limit in the area, when I let OFF I also hit the brake to make dang sure I did not speed.  Now with the TCS on it will not squeel the tires or lose traction.  I stop at a 4 way stop completely.  Then procede suddenly I notice TWO not one BUT TWO police cars and 4 police get out as I pull over to the side. MIND YOU THIS IS NOT HIGH CRIME area or anything.  My car does not have tinted windows ect.  I cop asks why I was going so fast I said I WAS NOT.  I was doing 25.  He said they noticed I rapidly accerated.  I said the car is qucik but I was NOT speeding.

He gets my info and goes back to his car for 15 minutes.  I have a CLEAN record.  So he says he is ISSUING a speeding ticket.  for 35 in a 25.  I FLEW OFF THE HANDLE>  I said show me the radar.

GUESS WHAT they, both cars did NOT RADAR ME they ESTIMATED MY SPEED...... WTF is that.  I chewed his ASS.  Yes I swore cused,  I signed the ticket and told the a**hole to go have a nice donut.

I took it to court and they threw out the ticket.  I did not so nicely tell the cop his ass better show for the court date....

TELL ME I WAS WRONG.  I was nice up to the point of issing an estimated speeding ticket.> THAT IS BS.  I GOT PULLED OVER FOR    AUTOMOBILE PROFILING>.....LOL :icon_smile_big:

Now same car.  County Sheriff.  I told the guy as I was doing 70 in a 65 as I passed a POS car that would not get out of the way..... I admited to speeding.  He takes my ID checks my CLEAN RECORD.  Again I was polite,  Good day sir.  Sorry I do have the ins. at home ( do new card got mailed I had not put it in)

He comes back and says have a nice. day.  Please slow down and you might want to get the INS card in the car.....THAT WAS IT.  I KNOW I WAS SPEEDING AND I ADMIDTED IT.......  Cause I was.

NOW THE FIRST EXAMPLE IS COMPLETE BS.  I would have accepted the ticket in the second one but NO TICKET.....

SORRY I GUESS THAT IS JUST MY EXPERICENCE.  I really hate to see what happens when I drive the charger on the street........ :icon_smile_cool:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 73dodge on September 10, 2005, 12:28:37 PM

:haha: :smilielol: :police:

man that's a hoot. I love the service entrance story.

:iagree: That was great, especially this part...
"I know your just a cop and not real bright so I just figured I'd warn you before you did it again"
...so, WHO is it that's not real bright?? :smilielol:

Well, I guess at least with your current patrol area, work is rarely boring. :icon_smile_big:

Wakko...TINTED WINDSHIELD?? You've gotta be kidding me! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Wakko

Moving violations can be stacked, regardless of whether you leave the officer's sight or not.  If you're brilliant enough to do it in front of a popo, we're brilliant enough to write you for it.  :D   However if you do a burnout in a back parking lot of a closed industrial area, you might just get a thumbs up and a "Watch what the police car can do!"  Just kidding on the last part, someone would probably cameraphone my unit number and I'd be walkin to work for a week.   ;)

ChargerFan, that's a real big thing down here nowadays.  The kids will get 20% or even LIMO tint on their windshield.  Looks great, but obviously has the safety concerns.  They usually say "I bought the car like that."  or "If it's illegal, why did the shop do it?"  Neither works. 

Doug, that's a great pwned story of that rich dude.  I can't believe the audacity of some people.   I think I told this story on the board once before, but I went to 7-11 to get a tall frosty beverage and noticed an unlocked car, running, with the windows open.  I walk in and find the owner getting a Slurpee in the back corner of the store.  She was about 19 or so wearing nothing but a bikini...and looked smokin.  I tell her that there are kids outside and she needs to secure her vehicle and she gets all pissy about it telling me that I'm discriminating against the children present by assuming that due to their age they're going to get into mischief.  She turns off the car and walks past me in a huff.  Now I'm annoyed and ask her for her driver's license.  She says "What for?!"  I replied "So I can write you a ticket!"  She gets pissed and tells me that there's no law that says you can't leave your car running and unlocked.  I assure her there is and she asks my FAVORITE question in the world (next to "Can my twin sister and I come over to skinny dip in your jacuzzi tonight?") "Oh yeah? What's the statute?"   And my FAVORITE answer (next to "Why of course you can.  I've got the champagne on ice already!")  is "Here, let me write it down for you!"  I guess she figured that since she was hot she could be a bitch.  She figured wrong.  :D
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

JimShine

I experienced vehicle profiling myself. My '69 is LOUD as it has an exhaust leak and just headers into glass packs, which are around 25 years old. I am changing the exhaust at some point when the engine is taken out to be freshened up. Anyhow, my car is very loud. It is also driven almost daily. 3 weeks ago I finally get pulled over in it.

Officer-You know why I pulled you over?
Me-"Yeah, my exhaust is loud.
Office-Yes it is, would you mind pulling into the rest stop up the road here so we can get off the road?
Me- Yeah, thats fine. Can you call Lakeview? I know those guys and they will treat me better on the tow fee.
Officer- Just please pull it ahead and get it off the road.

I drive forward, upset but only at myself. I get into the rest area, and the officer is waiting in his car behind me. Two squad cars pull in behind him. Now I am crapping my pants. What the hell did I do to get all the cops on my case? The group of officers come to the car, one stays behind the car, one is at my passenger side, the cop that pulled me over approaches me in the drivers side.

Officer- I have a request.
Me- What?
Officer- Is it okay if we take pictures of the car?

He smiled and I started laughing. They just wanted pictures of the General Lee. They posed in their squad cars with lights flashing like they pulled over the general Lee. We all chit chatted for about a half an hour about the Dukes. I never got a ticket, I just took "get it off the road" as meaning I was going to be fined. But I do still drive the car with its loud exhaust and they nod when we happen to pass each other. I know it sounds like BS, but I swear its true. Now I keep a camera in the car to record such events.

SuBLimE 69

See, WE ALL aren't pricks...It's the guys like Wakko you gotta watch out for...hehe  ::)

Plum Crazy 71

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 09, 2005, 08:37:18 AM
Oh a few parting thoughts:

What cops would like the public to know…….

When you see an emergency vehicle behind you with its lights and sirens on,
pull to the RIGHT, and Stop. We are usually required to pass cars on the left.

When you're driving in the fast lane and you see a cop behind you, don't go
5 mph under the speed limit. We are not impressed by how safe of a driver you can be, we're trying to go help someone (or catch that guy in the SUV that just cut you off). Safely move over and let us pass please.

If you get a warning instead of a ticket from a motorcycle cop, go buy a
lottery ticket, because you've already beaten the odds.

When you see an officer conducting a traffic stop, or with a suspect in
handcuffs, it is generally not a good idea to approach him and ask for directions. If you do, don't expect the officer to be nice when he tells you to get lost, and don't expect the officer to take the time to explain.

If a cop causes a car accident we usually get a ticket, and sometimes we
get suspended. When is the last time you got 3 days off [without pay] for rear-ending a guy at Wal-Mart.

If you think you can fan all the pot smoke out of the car before we smell
it, good luck.

We know you've had more than 2 beers. I've had two beers, but didn't hit
six parked cars or driven my car through the front doors of a Toys-R-Us, pissed my pants, or passed out at a traffic light

Here's how to get out of a ticket, don't break the law.

If you drive a piece of crap; that is why you're getting pulled over.

In two days I pulled over 10 cars for minor equipment violations.
5 out of 10 had no vehicle insurance.
3 out of 10 had suspended driver's licenses.
2 out of 10 had warrants.
1 out of 10 had felony warrants.
1 was a known sex offender with his 12 year old niece in the car
without her mothers knowledge.

If you've just been pulled over doing 70 in a 35, Do Not greet the officer
with "what seems to be the problem, officer."

We get coffee breaks too, and sometimes we run into stores and do some
shopping during them.

When you're the victim of a burglary take the time you spend waiting for
the officer to find the model #'s and the serial #'s of the stuff that was taken.

Some cops are just jerks, but take heart in the fact that other cops don't
like them either.

If it's nighttime and you're driving a vehicle with tinted windows and I
pull you over. It's not because of your skin color, I usually can't tell if the vehicle even has a driver until the windows rolled down.

Every time you hear on the news about people running away from a crazed
gunman, someone's son or daughter in a police uniform is running TOWARD
that crazed gunman.

Yes it's true, cops usually don't give other cops tickets. Think of it as an employee discount, perk or benefit. Other Cops are family and you wouldn’t give your brother a ticket if you were a cop either.

If your local police agency has a helicopter everyone knows it's loud and
annoying, but did you know it can cover the same area as 15-20 patrol officers, and safely chase criminals that are driving 90 MPH through city streets. Many times the guy has no idea it's there and slows down.

Your 5 year old kid getting pushed down by another 5 year old kid is NOT a
police matter, talk to the other kids parents.

If your kid won't do his homework or do his chores, 911 is not the answer
for a uniformed parent.

Police work is...writing reports.

If you rob a gas station you're only going to get $20, but I get to see a
K-9 dog use your arm as a chew toy. For all I care you can keep the $20.

In 1 year of patrol work in a large city only about 10 minutes would be
cool enough to be on the television show, COPS. But if COPS was about report writing and accident reports each show would be a year long.

Every traffic stop could end in gunfire, but we have to be polite and
professional until that time.

I've taken about the same amount of men & women to jail for domestic
violence, so NO it's not always the man.

People love fire fighters.

If you find crack pipes in the ladies purse, there is a good chance they
belong to her.

If the light was yellow, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Cops know you pay taxes and that your taxes pay cops' salaries. Cops also
pay taxes, which also pay cops' salaries so, hey, this traffic stop is on me. Now sign here; press hard there’s five copies.

Well, this just about made me go buy a new monitor.  Coffee up the nose hurts.

I have had more good experiences with the police than bad.  I have had my license 10 years now and have only had three violations.  The only one that I wanted to fight was the "voluntary removal of defective motor vehicle" fine of $86.  I thought that it was bad enough that I was losing my 66 Valiant, but to get a ticket to boot was like a kick in the ding ding. 

My part time job has me working hand in hand with the local law.  I run a  tow truck and so I get 99% of the expired tags, DUI, prohibited driver, ext. in my yard for a minimum of 30 days.  It doesn't pay to take those risks now days.  I do find it annoying that the "customer" b!tc43s at me because it costs them in excess of $500 to get their car back for an offense that is avoidable.  I don't make the prices, our government takes care of that.
To set the bar higher than you can reach is a dumb way to do pull-ups.

Mefirst