News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

got new carpet in today

Started by 69bananabeast, September 05, 2005, 11:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

One of the  hardest parts was drilling through the tunnel to bolt the hurst shifter in .  after wards I put the front portion of the carpet in and began sodering the holes for everything that needed to be bolted down .  all the the holes came out great.

Now it came to to bolt down the shifter . the two bolts towards the back of the car went in real easy , as did the top right bolt.  THe Top left bolt was another story . The hole for it was drilled too big and at an odd angle . so it took me a couple hours just to get that one bolt in position and a nut on the other side  :flame:  .  Just glad got that over with .

from here I laid the rear section of the carpet down and made all the holes . This part of the project was probably the easiest . Just made all the wholes and bolted down the seatbelts.

The next part was another tough one I started bolting the passenger  seat. The side closest to the door went down pretty easy .Next I went to bolt the other side only to find that the holes and the bolts didn't match up . from here I felt like I didnt know what to do and finally decided to look at the other seat . I looked at the bottom and started thinking that maybe the track was moved when i put them in the garage (had never done anything with seats before) I was able to move the track forward (which took alot of work to move it forward and hold lever at same time) and everything came together .  The drivers side came in alot easier than the passengers had . 

Everything came out pretty good , but came out to a long hard day . Im pretty satisfied the way it came out my old carpet was brown and had stains/spots all over it . Feels a little weird without a console now. It wasnt the greatest job in the with the shifter , but I think did pretty good for no experience . Shifter also isnt lined up strait it's off a little bit towards the passenger . Sat in the passengers seat and if they wanted the passenger could shift for me pretty easily if they wanted  :P .  Also a good exscuse if my hand slips of the shifter and touches the leg of the next hot chick  that rides in my car  :D
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

69bananabeast

also should have pics tom. its a bit late so didnt bother.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)