News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen Cluster circuit board pins.

Started by dkn1997, February 25, 2007, 07:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I have two boards that have broken/missing pins on the back where the main power/sensor harness plugs in.  has anyone repaired one of these? it looks pretty easy if you can get the pins.  I went to radioshack and could not find anything.  does anyone have any idea where to get these besides buying another cluster?  I would think electrical supply, but I would not know where to begin as far as what to ask for
RECHRGED

Plumcrazy

I drilled a small hole through the circuit board and used a 3mm machine screw held an place with a nut.   Check your clearance between the head of the screw and the cluster housing if thats what you do.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

dkn1997

Me likey.  I Had a screw that fit in, but was just slightly too large to fit into the plug.  probably a standard size, metrick 3mm should do fine, thanks for the tip!  I will try to find tem in brass too.
RECHRGED

dkn1997

before I do that, I was looking online and found a place that sells the pins.  I have a set of calipers that measure millimeters, but I found a conversion and there is a stock pin they carry that's pretty close,

bear in mind that the following measurements are taken with a dial caliper purchased from the 4.99 section at the local autoparts store!

Pin on a stock board.

Length:  .546"
Width:   .078"
base:     .156  (width of pin on dashframe side of board)
hole in board that pins go through: .058"

The pin I found online,gold over nickel pins:

Length:  .610"
Width:   ..060"
base:     .100  (width of pin on dashframe side of board)
hole in board that pins go through: .064"

so it's a bit longer, almost as wide and for 14 thousandths of an inch, I can squeeze it through the exising hole in the board.

I could not see how much they were on the website, but I will call them tomorrow.  I know it seems a bit nutty, but I am really getting into these clusters.  I think my next board I do will have a solid state conversion on the voltage limiter a la the online article posted on teh imperial website and in mopar action.

RECHRGED

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

dkn1997

well, they would sell them to me, but they cost $2.48/each with a minimum order of 1000!!   ::) ::)

Turns out i went and found military spec gold plated pins from a company called mill max.....so...I found a local place that will sell me some, but I have to go down there and look and see what they have.
RECHRGED