News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone use a vega hatchback for window plug???

Started by pandamarie, February 27, 2007, 03:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Howie on February 28, 2007, 12:41:21 PM
   I gave a guy $100 for mine. That was hatch, trim, and glass. A guy I work with found it and went to get it for me. The salvage yard was 60 miles away and it was delivered. I couldn`t beat that.

the sad part about this deal is that the car is real clean , it would make someone a real nice start to a drag car [with a mopar gine of coarse] and the guy wants like 400.00 for but it runs and drives good and everthing its even orig paint
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Howie

Find a hatch with the fins below the glass and trade him. I know where a couple of them are.

hotrod98

I raced with a few guys that built racecars using vegas. Those cars were death traps. Have you ever looked at the suspension under one of those things? I hated chasing those guys down in my dragster because I never knew when one of them might end up in my lane.  I forfeited a race in Tulsa one time because I had a feeling that the guy in the other lane was going to lose it and he did. He had been loose all day and was getting worse every round.
Anyway, the hatchbacks are good for something.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pandamarie

I picked up my hatchback for 10 bucks, hard to beat thatfor a cheap plug. now to find some 70 fenders and hood.

BigBlockSam

it took me 6 months to get a hatch . it cost me $200. and i had it shipped from texas to nj . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona R/T SE

hotrod98

Here in the south the problem with finding vega hatchbacks is that most of the time the glass is scratched up so bad from people using kitchen utensils to scrape the ice off of them in the winter. We don't get that much ice or snow down here so no one has an ice scraper. I know where 3 or 4 are located in a salvage yard but I wouldn't buy them because the glass looked so bad.

Charles Addams

70daytonaclone

anybody closer to having a complete clone kit? Like hotrod98 how are your kit ideas coming along maybe a instruction video? I give 100$ just for a how to video!!! you know the old expression "Poor folks have poor ways" have a great day everybody,God bless us all,his will be done including my daytona clone! Stephen living in the eastern Bible Belt. BEAUTIFUL(turning green) CENTRAL GEORGIA :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

Larry , I can buy new glass for 200.00 , you did know that right ?

hotrod98

My glass guy checked into it and told me that there were none available nationwide. You do know for sure that they are available? 

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

my glass guy can make almost any  window for a price . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

hemisid