News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dyes for the interior (General Lee):

Started by Captain D, February 28, 2007, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Has anyone used any of the VHT Dyes for their door panels, dash board, and seating??

If so, how is their quality? Is it something worth purchasing for long term use & durability?

And lastly...for those General Lee owners (or anyone), have you used their Saddle-Tan or Buckskin-Tan for your interior? If so, which of the two would you prefer (if any)? If you happen to have pics, I'd love to see them to compare the two...

Thank you for any help & replies!
Aaron
dunnsville_va@yahoo.com

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RogerDodger

I've heard SEM makes a good vinyl dye although I haven't tried it yet.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

41husk

Call the people at Mopaints they sell a good product and or very helpfull as far as prep and what works best.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Captain D

Thanks for the replies guys! Just a quick question...how does one remove the silicone before applying the SEMS Dye to their dashboard, door panels, headliners, ect...?

Thanks again!

RogerDodger

All products have a vinyl prep or adhesion promoter. Go by the manufacturers recommendations.