News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells the correct argent silver for 69 Charger grille?

Started by resq302, March 04, 2007, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Ok, I just picked up that complete grille that I got for $425 and would like to get started restoring it.  I know the black is a semi flat black paint color and the agent silver that I used on my current grille seems to be too bright/light.  Who sells the correct argent silver color for the grilles on our charger?  Also, is it supposed to be textured or smooth?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

I used Eastwood's Argent Wheel paint - looks fine to me.

There are some that say Totally Auto has the correct colour.  I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find someone that could tell the difference.

For the black, I used SEM Trim Black - again, I think it looks just fine.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used Totally Auto's grill silver as well.  I believe the finish should be smooth
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

You are corect Chris,the finish is smooth.Heres a nos ext.

UFO

I had a paint store use their color reader to make a spray bomb.I will look for the paint code.

69bronzeT5

I dont know what brand is on mine but its the same as that pic
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Back N Black

Shoot this guy a e-mail he claims to have the correct mopar argent silver in a spray bomb.

AJsAutomotive@gmail.com

runningman

69 OUR/TEA

I think 1969chargerrtse,(Rob),just nailed this topic down this winter,he did do alot of research and testing.This kind of work is not easy,not everyone can do detail work like this,could really test your patience,tire you right out!Take your time with prepping,masking,etc.Even the best of bodymen cannot do this kind of detail work. :2thumbs:

runningman

This is one of the projects I am going to tackle this summer.  It seems like everyone has a different opinion on the silver paint to use.  Has there been a decision on what is the most correct one to use?? 

69*F5*SE

I used Totally Auto's Grille silver paint and am pleased with it.  Although, I don't know if it's as good as some other silver out there.   :shruggy:  Ted