News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiper motor- part # application

Started by ChargerAndy, September 06, 2005, 05:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerAndy

If anyone has a part number or part interchange book, could you look this one up for me? 
The wiper motor that is in my 68 charger has the following three numbers: 2580915, 73691, 2906.
The wiper motor I am looking to buy has the following three numbers....... 3799120, 73692, 0837.

I dont understand what the date code is. Not sure if I care but I am curious if someone could explain that to me.
It looks almost identical to my non functioning motor, not sure if the application is correct. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Andy

Ghoste

The first number is for a variable speed motor for a 1967 built on the 299 day of 1966.  The second number is for something that I can't find a number for.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I come up with this.....

3799120..........76-77 volare, aspen  wiper motor 3 speed.......built on the 83rd day of 1977
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Now as to it's interchange.  If it looks the same and fits, try it and see.

ChargerAndy

Thanks for the info and opinions...... it was an ebay item and its gone now.....NOS and it sold for like $112. And while I can't say it looked exactly the same .....it looked pretty dang close from the picture.  It was just one of those things that was on my look and hope list. My existing motor only runs on "fast" ......and it looks pretty crappy. Anyway, Thanks, Andy  :)