News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who has grille hardware for 68-70 charger grilles?

Started by resq302, March 07, 2007, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

I am looking for the hardware that connects the ends of the charger grille to the center piece.  I am also in need of the t nuts and hardware that holds the trim onto the grille.  Does anyone out there make this as a package or would I have to find them individually?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chatt69chgr

AMhightechauto.com and hooverautoparts.com have grille hardware kits.  Not sure if the kit contains what you are looking for but the Hoover site has a picture of what is in their kit. 

resq302

Hooverautoparts.com does not have the bolts that I need to hold the outer parts of the grille to the center part.  That is only the kit to mount the entire grille to the metal housing.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

resq302

Silver, I know I have seen the grille mounting kit on ebay but those kits do not contain the nuts and bolts that I need to bolt the grille ends to the center part of the grille.  I need the hardware that mounts the headlight door buckets to the center section of the grille.
Brian

Recharger

I've been keeping an eye out for the same hardware/kits and so far I haven't seen anything "concours correct".  I'm starting to think they aren't available.  I'm not doing an all-out concours resto by any means, but I try to keep tabs on what hardware is and isn't available anyway.  The closest bolts I have been able to find had a slotted hex head, (originals aren't slotted) but at least they would hold the parts together.  I found them at menards, and they look suspiciously similar to the nuts included in the "concourse" grille spacer kit at hoover (I know that's not what you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure the bolts are the same size)  My originals were'nt rusted too badly, so I finally decided to just freshen them up (along with my knuckles) on the bench grinder.  Good enough for me.  Besides, if anyone is snooping at my car that closely, I'll drop the hood on his head.

As for the T studs that hold the trim pieces to the grille, I found the parts below at a Carquest, in one of those "Help" sections.  Again, not OEM, but it'll work and no one should really see them anyway.  I think I paid about 3 bucks for enough to do all the trim.   I just snipped that long wire clip off and they seem to fit just fine.  Only significant difference is that the studs are slightly wider than the originals, but they still fit through the holes in the grille, so no big deal.  The part number on the receipt is XBE 0347, hopefully you can track some down. 

BlueSS454

I'm in need of those "T" shaped retainers and nuts that go along with them for the grill for my 69 also.  Mine mysteriously disappeared.  I'm going to send a friend of mine to Carquest to check for them since there are none around my area.
Tom Rightler

autodynamics

sorry to chime in here but anyone have a lead on those t nuts for the mounting of the trim pieces?
''

69bronzeT5

I need the trim hardware too. Mine were rusted and broke off when I took my trim off.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

I heard rumor that Gunslinger (Jason) is planning to repop the t bolt clips and the rest of the fasteners for the trim.....I dont know about the bolts that fasten the plastic part to one another though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

autodynamics

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: autodynamics on January 10, 2009, 10:51:06 PM
i read in another thread that r/t specialties has it
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1002514
i think these will do....

You can probably make that work, but its definitely not the right part.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BronzeOnSteelies

Check out this old thread on the subject.

www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4481.0.html

I am pretty sure you need to call Tom at R/T specialties to get his grille hardware kit, I do not see it on the website.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

500hp_440

wow everyone needs those, includeing me, I'm guessing they werent made very well.
Let it alone^.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 11, 2009, 12:20:53 AM
wow everyone needs those, includeing me, I'm guessing they werent made very well.

Well, they are 40 years ;)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

autodynamics

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

I am pretty sure that I got the nuts, bolts, and washers that hold the pieces of the grille to itself together from R/T specialties.  I am still also looking for new or good T studs.
Brian

gasoline_24

If you have the t studs you can sand blast them and send them to Dawson Brothers to be replated.  That is what I did with mine and they came out great.  I have another set that is not complete but has almost all of the pieces.  They have been replated.  There are a couple of broken spring clips and cannot guaranty everything is there, but would sell.  Make me an offer.  I will try and post pics for anyone interested.

bill440rt

Brian,
I might have some of those "T" studs you need, I'll have to look. How many?
If memory serves me right, the ends were just held on with small bolts, washers, and nuts.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Brian

gasoline_24

Here is what I have.  I believe I am missing two of the spring pieces.  One of them is there but would need to be welded together.  I am also mission one of the t pieces and two nuts.    :icon_smile_big:   :rofl:   :rofl:

gasoline_24

bill440rt

Gentlemen,
I got da goods you're all looking for, in my seemingly endless stash-o-parts.
Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce