News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytonas in Mopar Action

Started by Ghoste, March 08, 2007, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The June 07 issue of MA has a pair of Tim Wellborn Daytonas in there.  Wasn't there a thread on here recently about one of those cars and something to do with the way Gibson restored it?

hemigeno

Yep, there was actually a couple of threads on the topic.  Here's the main one:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24757.0.html

Ghoste

Thanks Gene.  I also thought there was something hinted at someplace about the quality of restoration that Gibson did on that car?  Am I wrong on that?

hemigeno

That would be in one of the other threads... 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25058.0.html

... where Mike Goyette/Dayclona/Winga (or whatever he was calling himself that week) had nothing good to say about the job Roger had done on the car.  *Further editorial comment withheld*

Ghoste

Okay, now I remember it.  Thanks, I should have went back further.  I just finally got the issue today and I thought the car looked fine so I was curious what the detail was that was supposed to make it so bad.  I forgot that it was mainly just a vague aside comment about Gibson.
Sorry all, disregard this thread and move on to more current topics.

69_500

Move on? Are you kidding?

how can you move on when its a topic about a Daytona. There is always something to be seen in a Daytona thread isn't there?

My side note on the restoration is this. BEAUTIFUL CAR< and gorgeous color. I don't like the Kelsey Hayes wheels on a Daytona though, they look much better on a 500.

Ghoste

Hmmm, I want to agree but I could be biased because I prefer the 500 overall (ducking for cover).  I don't like the dog dish caps on any Charger but I know how it is with those broadcast sheet restos.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Why is one of those cars extremely bright orange??

daytonalo

Ghoste

That question is better covered in the other threads on the topic Matt.

nascarxx29

The article said that the brown daytona was his first resto.As Roger was better known for his corvette work.And the article had all the correct details as where it sold from to owner to owner.This car was nearby my area for many years .I thought the car had a matching custom painted boat .To go along with its old school custom paint thats on the car.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

True Ghoste, but then again if your restoring any Daytona by the broadcast sheet it wouldn't be wearing the W23 wheels though. :)

Ghoste

No, no, I meant the dog dish caps.  I don't like them on any Charger but if someone were restoring one by the sheet and it called up the dog dishes, I understand why they get put on.

69_500

Ah I see, well I happen to like the dog dish caps. Call me crazy, but I wish my car came with the dog dishes.

Ghoste

I'd never do that.  That's why there were choices, so we could all order the car of our dreams.  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I'd gladly let my car go for another 500 that is a 4 speed, and that came with dog dishes. So when ya find one let me know.