News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need computer help..

Started by Telvis, September 07, 2005, 08:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I am giving my daughter my old laptop. I want to reformat the hard drive to completely clear the computer of everything I have on it. I can't figure out how to do it with Windows XP. Older versions of windows were easy to reformat. Am I missing something here? I want to give this to her tis evening. I would appreciate any help you guys might be able to offer.

73dodge

If you can boot from CD just put your Windows XP cd in the drive and boot it to CD and then you can install XP on the hard drive. It will give you the option to wipe the hard drive and reformat with NTFS and reinstall XP.

If it does not boot to CD look in the bios and see if it has a setting to boot from cd first instead of the HD and change it so it does boot from CD

Just make sure you have a valid key code from Mickeysoft or you won't be able to activate it.

But there are ways around that if you need it.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!