News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Charger R/T in the movie "The Return"

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 11, 2007, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I rented what I thought was going to be a crappy movie tonight. It has Sarah Michelle Gellar in it, I thought is was just going to be another slasher movie, but all movie rentals here are a $1, so what the hell?

In the opening scene a little girl and her father are walking up to a county fair or something like that at night when a light green '70 R/T rumbles by....the little girl seems concerned/scared by the car and stares at it until it goes on down the road a bit and parks...

Later in the movie the same girl all grown up (Sarah Michelle Gellar) comes across a clapped-out light green Charger in a junk yard behind the local service station...presumably this is the same '70 R/T seen previously in the movie only it's now a piece of junk 20+ years later...The car in the junkyard is played by a fairly solid looking stripped out base model '69...

The '70 is seen several times throughout the movie, but I'm not going to give the story line away.

Spend a buck and rent the movie!  ;)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

The junker you show is the '69 base model I refered to.  The '70 in the movie is shiney and driving around...it's got the ugly-assed '70 R/T door scoops and all :icon_smile_dead:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 11, 2007, 10:09:34 PM
The junker you show is the '69 base model.  The '70 in the movie is shiney and driving around...it's got the ugly-assed door scoops and all :icon_smile_dead:

Hmmmm, that's the only one they show on the site. It is labled as a '70. Oh well.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dodge Don

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 11, 2007, 10:12:13 PM
Ugly door scoops?  Shame on you.  :pity:

Shame on Dodge for putting them there in '70 in the first place  :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 11, 2007, 10:10:50 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 11, 2007, 10:09:34 PM
The junker you show is the '69 base model.  The '70 in the movie is shiney and driving around...it's got the ugly-assed door scoops and all :icon_smile_dead:

Hmmmm, that's the only one they show on the site. It is labled as a '70. Oh well.

Trust me, I drove the Ol' lady nuts freeze framing the movie and zooming in  :scope: ;)

THE CHARGER PUNK

Once again the charger punk comes 2 the rescue yeeeeeeeuh BOYEEEEEE :yesnod:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 41husk on March 12, 2007, 10:04:44 AM
door scoops are the best part of the 70!

The best part of my '70 is the front fenders and hood that I harvested for my Daytona clone  :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 12, 2007, 02:47:42 AM
Once again the charger punk comes 2 the rescue yeeeeeeeuh BOYEEEEEE :yesnod:

Yeah, that red X is great...Where's the GOD DAMNED MOD TOP DAYTONA PICS???

Charger_Fan

Cool, I've never even heard of this movie! Gotta rent that now. :thumbs:

Ya know what would be friggin' cool?  A Christine type flick based on...

wait for it...

a '70 Charger R/T! :boogie:

They could make the door scoops fly off like boomerangs & kill people.  :devil:    :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)