News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird rear window trim on E-bay...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 19, 2007, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

This could get interesting...

**Inactive Link Removed**

hotrod98

Superbird back glass...$900
Superbird steel plug...$2400
Superbird back glass moldings...$5000+
Sleeping in the doghouse for rest of your life...Priceless

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Old Moparz

That's just.....

.....sick.

(I had different word in mind, but that's friendlier.)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

DoubleDlover

Damm it... I CANT beleave I had to pay over 6K for those damm things. But. I guess when the cars or 80K and up. Its al relative... I think im going to be sick....... :sick: :icon_smile_dead: :rotz: :-X :'(

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hotrod98

Now you need to find a company to repop them using yours as a template. Then you can re-coup all of your money and then some selling them for $500 a set. Put me down for a set.  ;D

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Wishfull thinking , basic math will tell you it will never happen . 50k for tooling in china, plus travel and all the b.s that goes with it . Lets say 500 a set , it will take 100 orders to come close to breaking even ! Its obvious that it will never happen , simply put , no money in it . I know we all want them , but the facts are the facts !!!!!!!! Sorry

TomP

Quote from: DoubleDlover on March 21, 2007, 08:37:52 PM
Damm it... I CANT beleave I had to pay over 6K for those damm things. But. I guess when the cars or 80K and up. Its al relative... I think im going to be sick....... :sick: :icon_smile_dead: :rotz: :-X :'(

But you got a heck of a deal on the shipping costs!
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

daytonalo

20 years ago you could buy a whole superbird for that !!!!!! How times have changed

hotrod98

I've been told that those window trims are rolled on a cnc feed type bender similar to a seamless guttering machine and a set of dies are actually not very expensive. We're not talking about the same type of dies as used in steel stamping. The thing to do would be to go through someone that carries the imported window trim for the Camaros such as YearOne. They may help in exchange for being able to add them to their inventory. I think that it would be worth a few phone calls anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: DoubleDlover on March 21, 2007, 08:37:52 PM

Oh my Gosh !!!!!   You are correct though in it being relative to the overall car's cost/value........  Hope you don't have to buy a bunch of other stuff......

sooooooooo, now that the cat's out of the hat, what's your 'bird optioned out like?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

Good luck GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated !!!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

If I owned an original set of wingcar back glass moldings, I would definitely be checking into it.

Charles Addams

69_500

And I'm wondering is your Bird a 4bbl, or a 6 pac car? I'm going to venture a guess at a 4 bbl car, that has a bench seat. Just a stab in the dark. No clue, just a guess.

nascarxx29

$ 6000.00 for back window trim sounds outhere years ago I sold a set for3K.But I always figured it as the sum of the parts.When I paid 300.00 for a Nos 69 charger part gas cap etc needed or wanted parts
.I was able to cut a top piece down from another 70 b body trim for the top left damaged or missing one.Luckily the bottom unique pieces were not missing.The set went for $3000.00 some time ago.What it costs today staggering$$
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BEAPARTS

I do have a set of rear window trim to copy that we will be reproducing for the Superbird.  It will be a very limited run since the market is so small for those parts to see how they sell.  The licensed front side marker lenses will be completed very shortly as well as the tail light lenses.

Mike
B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc.

daytonalo

why not make 69 tail panel stailess trim or tail lights ? That stuff is needed right now

hotrod98

Quote from: BEAPARTS on March 23, 2007, 09:39:04 AM
I do have a set of rear window trim to copy that we will be reproducing for the Superbird. It will be a very limited run since the market is so small for those parts to see how they sell. The licensed front side marker lenses will be completed very shortly as well as the tail light lenses.

Mike
B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc.

That's great news. You guys have changed the way that we restore these cars today. Up until recently, we were faced with trying to either repair the poor condition parts that we had or try to locate decent usable stuff. It took the fun and a lot of times the profitability out of doing the resto work.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

pentstar productions out of PA .Where supposed to do the 69 taillights awhile back
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

62 Max

Quote from: nascarxx29 on March 23, 2007, 06:22:51 PM
pentstar productions out of PA .Where supposed to do the 69 taillights awhile back

Dave,everyone is supposed to be doing but very little ever shows up. :Twocents:

69_500

Thats true, I hear a lot of people saying that they can and will reproduce a part, or piece, and hardly ever see it come through. Don't know if it is due to cost, lack of interest, or just meerly not getting the proper rights to use serial numbers and such on repro's. Seems that a lot of parts are rumored to being capable of being done, but hardly any are actually reproduced.

sunroofsuperbird

Put me down for a set of rear window trim also  ;D  ;D  :yesnod:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

daytonalo

daytonalo

Any plans for daytona rear window trim ?

69_500

Who is the question about the A pillar trim directed towards?