News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FINALLY , DAYTONA TRUNK HINGES . THIS WAS SHEAR TORTURE

Started by daytonalo, March 26, 2007, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I have 45 hours in making a fixture to make trunk hinges , they are made from 1inch square tube , they have all the correct bends and they will come with c-channel . The hinges will have the pivot hole and will be pressed in that area , they will have stop welded on . They will NOT HAVE the mounting holes for deck lid and NO HOLES in c-channel . The reason is various methods of attachment . I prefer a floating nut plate on the inside of deck lid , this way you can still use c-channel and you indefinite adjustment . The pix are of the mounting fixture , this project kicked the shit out of me , but when I have my donkey head set on something , it makes work harder . I need to get 200.00 for set plus 15.00 shipping. Larry @609-315-2230

daytonalo

sorry my camera is taking a poop

daytonalo

more

PocketThunder

GOod job man!  :yesnod:

Pictures a little fuzzy but i dont need to tell you what you already know.  :icon_smile_cool:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

sorry my pic quality . you must use your stock torion ramp , just cut it off the stock hinge and weld it on the new one . If you send me your stock hinges I will transfer it for you and send them back with new ones . Larry

daytonalo

more

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikepmcs

Larry, you have some real talent.  Very nice work and attention to detail.  Must have been heck to build those jigs for that.  Seems you really know your stuff.

Curious to know how you heated and bent that 1 inch steel without putting a kink in it.  I know, I know.... very carefully. :icon_smile_big:

Wish i could have half that talent. :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:

I could never hope to own or build one of these cars, but I would rest easy, if the chance ever presented itself, knowing I had a great resource in this talented group of individuals. :yesnod:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hotrod98

Larry, Are you using part of the bender kit that you bought to make these? I never did try to make them using the thinner wall material that you said that you were using. I would like to see the equipment that the factory used to make those .120 wall hinges for the original Daytonas. That had to be one stout MF. I may be interested in a set later on if the ones that I had made don't fit right.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Thanks for the compliments , I take on challenges like this for mankind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well sort of . Larry , I did use part of the bender but had to highly modify it to keep it from blowing apart . It took me a week of trial and era , and about 20 ft of tube to make the prototype . I take it you guy's think I'm asking too much ???????? This project is way harder than it looks , kind of like z-brackets !!!!!!!!!!

learical1

those pictures are bringing on a bad acid flashback!   :drunk:

I think I'm gonna be sick! :puke:
Sorry, old musician habit. ::)
Bruce

daytonalo

Figures my camera takes a crap , but I think you guys get the idea ?????????

hotrod98

Not the z-bracket fiasco thing again!! If I were to go to the guys that made the wing brace pieces for me, the z-braces would be perfect. I'm liquidating cars right now to get the extra cash to finish up the shop. I'm not going to borrow money. I want to stay debt free for the rest of my life. I'll try to get back on the z-brace thing real soon.
How are your hinges priced in comparison to those offered by other vendors?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

dayclona is the only who sells them [if he still in busness ] for 375 and they have a totally wrong torsion ramp , I use the stock one . I did my best . i got a few calls for them at 150.00, but I have a shit load of time in this project . I have 12 sets that will be ready this weekend , will post on e-bay soon and moparts . Larry

kab69440

Dang, I'd love to hang out with this guy for a while...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Howie

Larry  ;D I need a couple of sets. I will call you this weekend. My car is itchin to get a set and the charger next to it is getting jellous! :flame:

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

daytonalo

Thank you , grab them you can ! Trust me , to make these and for them to not  look like one of jerry's kids made  them, is a great deal of work . Larry

Howie

Got my hinges today and they look a lot different than the pictures. Lot less fuzz ;D. They look great. Now I am that much closer to getting my car done. Great work Larry.

daytonalo