News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

exhaust water vapor

Started by deathcharger71, September 09, 2005, 02:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

so i know its normal to have water vapors coming from your exhaust because water is the out of the combustion. but when my car warms up and it stops it still comes out of my left exhaust pipe only, could coolant be gettinginto the combustion chamber? or something with the carb? or is it just nothing i should worry about?

cudaken

Death, with it being warm out it not good. When you say warmed up, was the car driven or just brought up to temp while sitting?

I hate to say this, but it might time for a pressuer test of the cooling system.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Big Lebowski

Take it out on the freeway and blow out all the water (condensation). If it still does it when it's hot and you're losing water, then it's the blown head gasket or a cracked whatever. Or it could be nothing, they do that in the cold.
       A big cammed up 440 looks & sounds cool in the morning, the exh. pipes have the rumpity rump steam puffs coming out the back.  I dig it. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Blusmbl

As long as it's just occasional droplets, it's probably fine.  One side might not run as warm as the other, so it doesn't get completely burnt off.  If it's a white smoke though, you've got some mechanical problems.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

deathcharger71

theres definitely no smoke, the vapor comes out and disapears instantly. and it doesnt do it when i drive the car around for 5 or 10 minutes. just when i start it both exhaust pipes have water vapor and after a few minutes of warming up the passenger side goes away and the drivers side still has vapor...but it does go away eventually. i was thinking about just getting an x-pipe so it always even lol but i want to make sure theres nothing wrong with my engine first.

cudaken

That is the reason I asked if you drove the car when warm.

I did a head job on my Charger in Dec 1988, open the garage door and just about shit my self. Blew white smoke clouds for 15 minutes or so. I knew I must have did something wrong and shut her down. Week later or so it was warmer and gave her another try. With in 3 minutes steam was gone and live a nother 62,000 miles.

Water vapor is norml and one side will burn off faster than the other.

Cuda Ken

PS, if you said it went away or you did not drive it I would not said anything about the pressuer test. Detail's, detail's.
I am back

deathcharger71

sorry i should have been more specific, i was just worried that the motor i spent 4 grand on was mechanically confused lol thanks for your help!

Ghoste

Quote from: Big Lebowski on September 09, 2005, 11:34:37 PM
             A big cammed up 440 looks & sounds cool in the morning, the exh. pipes have the rumpity rump steam puffs coming out the back.   I dig it. :icon_smile_big:

Me too. 

Chryco Psycho

it may be dripping out of the right side closer to the front of the car if there is a pin hole in the exhuast somewhere