News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone getting closer

Started by pandamarie, March 28, 2007, 06:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

I found a set of 70 fenders and hood in rust free shape, have some dents but nothing major, so Im getting a little closer to collecting the parts. I hope this weekend I can get the charger over to my buddies to get the vega panel started.

BigBlockSam

i luv it when a plan comes together.   :thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

GOOD LUCK GRASSHOPPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wetfeetmi

Panda, it is illegal to start a thread like that and not post a pic or two. It is grounds for removal from park. ;D

onemintcaddy

How Meany can say, They drive there 401-K

pandamarie

car is still like it was, I ripped a hole in the oil pan going across an intercetion and bottoming out at 110 mph, need those 1 inch torsion bars on the car now. Plus pouring concrete in the backyard for more parking spaces.

daytonalo

Please leave that car alone ! Buy another homeless car and make it a daytona !!!!!!!!! Larry

Bandit4142

Not to act like a buzzard circling around but....   What do you plan on doing with your 6pak hood?   If you plan on selling it, drop me a PM, I'd be interested if its for sale.     

BTW, I have to agree, if you are building a Daytona clone, why don't you find a wrecked 2nd gen?   That Charger in the pic is beautiful.
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Bandit4142 on March 31, 2007, 12:50:26 AM
if you are building a Daytona clone, why don't you find a wrecked 2nd gen?   That Charger in the pic is beautiful.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pandamarie

I bought this charger 17 years ago with the intentions of making a Daytona out of it. when I got it it was a one owner 383 2bbl air car, I drove it everyday for years and when the engine started smoking I built and dropped in the 440 thats in there now along with a full roller 727and 3.55 sure grip. Now that my kids are all grown up and sorta moved out Im going to make it what I want. been having back problems latly so its slowing down my progress, My friend is getting it to his shop in 2 weeks to do the vega plug and shorten the deck lid and I will post pics then. here is a picture of me standing by one of my cars that you dont cut up. everyone says I look young but im 49. ive had over 80 cars since ive been 16 and I did it all working as a Garbageman and a Marine. I drive all the cars I have when time and my back permits.
The car in the picture is a 1939 Packard V12 7 passenger touring. only 403 V12s were made in 39 and only 23 of this model. The V12 is smooth and powerful, the car weighs over 6000 pounds. I do need to get the high speed gears for it though so it will get better gas milage on the freeway. I will post some pics of my other cars later. right now I have to scan them or go open the garages they are stored in and take some more pics.
Havent you guys ever heard the Hot Rodders Motto?  Anyone can restore a car It takes a real man to cut one up. Belive me I am having a hard time cutting up the charger but cant afford to buy another and finish a daytona.

TomP

I wonder where he found the fenders and hood?   :-X

Jack - if you come across a vega hatch locally, let me know.  I don't get out to the swapmeets very often.

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?