News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's 4:45 est , just got a call live from BARRET J auc , superbird 105.000

Started by daytonalo, March 30, 2007, 03:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

A buddy of mine called live the block in palm beach , A 440 superbird 4 bbl car with a non correct 6 PAC went fro 105.000 , thats cheap ! Craig kept jumping in and screaming , THIS CAR IS WAY UNDER WHAT IS WORTH !!!!!!!! . His day's are numbered , too many  people taking a beating !!!!!!!! Larry

Beep Beep Dave

I take it was an auto?
What colour combo?
$105k is still lots of $$$...how much do you figure its worth?
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

daytonalo

It was very noisy on the phone , he was on stage , I think it was limelight green , don't hold me to that . I heard it was nice , should have done 150.000

Beep Beep Dave

Even if it was a 440 4bbl bench seat column shift car with repop quarters, trunk floor etc...
I have no idea what the car was but more wondering where you are coming up with $150k.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Assuming this is the car?

**Inactive Link Removed**

Real V Code Road Runner 4spd...

**Inactive Link Removed**

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on March 30, 2007, 03:50:24 PM
A buddy of mine called live the block in palm beach , A 440 superbird 4 bbl car with a non correct 6 PAC went fro 105.000 , thats cheap ! Craig kept jumping in and screaming , THIS CAR IS WAY UNDER WHAT IS WORTH !!!!!!!! . His day's are numbered , too many  people taking a beating !!!!!!!! Larry

According to the B-J site, the car pulled $115,500, which ties it for the highest selling car for the day so far.  That is for a bench seat, column-shifted automatic, 4-bbl Superbird.  While that's nothing to sneeze at in the greater scheme of things, it's not a horrible price either. 

The 'Birds just don't bring as much as Daytonas, probably due to the fact that there are about 4x as many of them.  Craig J. is always going to scream that the car is selling for less than what its worth.  I've heard him say that lots of times while waching that televised circus.  If he thinks the market needs to be higher, he can always get his army of shill bidders (that everyone thinks he has) to do the dirty work  :devil:

I agree with you though, I think his shining star has dimmed a whole lot.

daytonalo

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on March 30, 2007, 09:24:27 PM
Wow , were on the same page ! Maybe the 115 was after comm ?

Right.  The reported sales numbers always include commission.

The white 440 4-bbl Bird that went through later did a much better number.   Around $145k hammer price, I think. 

wingcar builder

well it looks like they're getting the stage set-up and the interest up and the prices up because the EPA Superbird will be coming to the B-J  auction soon. you know they couldn't just throw that out right away and loose their ass on it with no dramatic build up!! first the TV show on the restoration on Spike TV and then the Nichels' Book coming out soon and then the Superbird on the Block! Gee, who couldn't see that coming? ::) ~ Wcb

Aero426

I don't think the EPA car will be an automatic slam dunk for several reasons, most of all that in the EPA trim, it's pretty bland looking.    I think it's neat myself, but that it plays to a limited audience.   

Ghoste

Quote from: DougSchellinger on March 30, 2007, 10:35:59 PM

BTW, unless policies have been changing to keep up with the Jones's, B-J are the only auction house that do this to my knowledge.

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on March 31, 2007, 09:09:47 AM

BTW, unless policies have been changing to keep up with the Jones's, B-J are the only auction house that do this to my knowledge.

The other auctions report sales at the highest possible number (including commissions).   Look at the posted results online.  Example: RM.  When you see a sold number of $90,720, that odd number is not the hammer price, but with the buyers premium figured in.

Dodge Don

I saw that Superbird roll across last night. It went for $105,000. I also saw a Chally T/A, Chally 440 R/T and a 70 Six Pack Runner go across...all brought less than I expected at the BJ freakshow.

Ghoste

Quote from: DougSchellinger on March 31, 2007, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on March 31, 2007, 09:09:47 AM

The other auctions report sales at the highest possible number (including commissions).   Look at the posted results online.  Example: RM.  When you see a sold number of $90,720, that odd number is not the hammer price, but with the buyers premium figured in.

If RM is doing it, it's a new policy.

Aero426

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 31, 2007, 10:13:11 AM
I saw that Superbird roll across last night. It went for $105,000. I also saw a Chally T/A, Chally 440 R/T and a 70 Six Pack Runner go across...all brought less than I expected at the BJ freakshow.

Prices did seem to be rolling back by a couple of years on some cars.   Let's see what the big cars today bring.

wingcar builder

even the workers there and everyone else are pretty calm. maybe the rumors flying around are true about the auction. of course this isn't AZ. with all the celebrity hype.

Aero426

Got a phone call while I was out tonight that the EV2 6 pack original Bird pulled a big number, like $295k.    That's still really strong money for a car in a common color, bench seat, column auto.    The original paint and overall condition must have done it.

nascarxx29

I watched the auction. I think the superbird that did $ 295 K .Was advertised as 21 K original miles and paint
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Redbird

I think the EV2 car has been advertised on musclecarfinders for a while. It is 1 serial number off from my 6 bbl car. The 2 cars are identical except that the musclecarfinders didn't have a tach/clock. They detailed it up from the pictures they had before. I think it was zebarted when new, some pretty heavy undercoating. I know my car isn't worth anything close to this sales price. But who says people won't buy column auto cars?

nascarxx29

I do remember at time when that was the undesirable option .Bench column.Seen alot of superbirds with that combo.And I recall a original A4 silver daytona from TX around 1987 .Painted black.That had buckets column shift
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Call me crazy but $105K for a bench seat AT Superbird seems right around the ballpark figures that I'd gague it at. I think that $295K for a 6 pac Bird is too high though, that is just my thoughts. There was a Daytona AT car at Vegas this weekend, that the seller wanted $190K for. Was a decent car, not perfect, non numbers matching, so to me personally was too high.