News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 headlight mount question

Started by Paul 500, April 03, 2007, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

My friend is missing this bracket where the headlights mount on hes 69 charger 500, my question is was this bracket used on any other cars.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Carl1

They 68 Coronet items cut to mount into the C500.

hemigeno

You might try finding someone with a '68 parts book and having them look up the following part numbers:

Those are listed in the '69 parts book as:

SUPPORT, Headlamp Panel, W Charger 500  (That's found in section 8-34-31).

It MIGHT be those are the same headlamp brackets for the '68 Coronets, just like the grilles were (like Carl1 mentioned), but I cannot verify that this either is or is not the case.  I know that there is no other application for '69, anyway.

Highbanked Hauler

You need a 68 Coronet fender to disect.that will produce the peice you need. Then you have to trim it down to size. Thats what I did for spares.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Hey Paul, how is the 500 coming along? Are they still accross the pond?

Paul 500

Thanks for all your answers.

69 500, the 500 is coming along slowly but surely. I had to had some welding done on the fire wall, my friend done it for me came out excellent. I sprayed the inside, fun with the dash in, when i had the paint mixed up it was different to the outside. Found the last owner didnt like F5 so painted it more like a lighter F8 (no F5 cars in England so nothing to compair it to) If the car ever needs a repaint then it'll go back to F5
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

69_500

Glad to see that progess is coming along on the 500.

It is a very late date on your 500 too if I'm not mistaken, one of the last one's built.