News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'72 Ember Gold vs '73 Honey Gold

Started by Charger1973, April 03, 2007, 04:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Does anyone know how much difference there is in the 2 or maybe even have a color comparison?

bordin34

Is that 73 you just picked up honey gold?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

I think so.  Im looking at the Legendary catalog and it would be way cheaper to buy Ember Gold from what I can see.  This is my interior and the page im looking at.   :scratchchin:

bordin34

For that price difference I wouldnt car I would make it Ember Gold

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

Its never going to be a show car, but I dont want the color of the seats to stick out from the rest of the interior either, so hopefully someone will have a pic of a 72 I can compare to.  Im going to call them too and see if they can send me color samples. 

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 03, 2007, 04:11:42 PM
Does anyone know how much difference there is in the 2 or maybe even have a color comparison?

Are you comparing  '72 E6Y3 to '73 E6Y4? Y4 is darker.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Charger1973

Im not really sure what the codes for the two colors actually are.  The first one there kind of looks more like the parchment to me. 

Charger1973

I take that back.  After looking at my fender tag, I know my interior is H6Y4

Charger1973

So it looks like maybe im stuck with the higher priced seats because Y4 is a darker color than Y3, and since mine is Y4 most likely "Ember Gold" is Y3...   ???

Goldfinger71

Charger1973,
GY4 is a light color almost an off-white/cream color.Honey Gold as of course you know is almost like a yellow,mustard-like-gold.
FYI Ember Gold is actually a Legendary name.Mopar just called it light gold. :yesnod:
Legendary can send you a sample of the color(an actcual piece of seat material)if you ask......At least they did a few years ago becuase I have a piece they sent me. :icon_smile_cool:

I will try to post a pic in a few days.............Read my sig below to see how I know these facts! :icon_smile_big:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger1973

Thanks man.  Ill see if they can send me a sample but it looks like I am going to be stuck with the "honey gold".  I like the color, just not the price...  Maybe they have something other than NOS by now. 

71charger_fan

Seeing that interior was like a bad flashback. That's the color scheme I had before I changed.

Charger1973

Quote from: 71charger_fan on April 07, 2007, 10:43:49 AM
Seeing that interior was like a bad flashback. That's the color scheme I had before I changed.

Didnt like it?  I think it will look good on a yellow car. 

71charger_fan

Got to say, I didn't like it at all. The colors might have been slightly different, it's hard to tell in a photo. I think my car was originally the same color scheme as Goldfinger's.

Charger1973

I think it is slightly different between the years.  If it was tore up, I would just switch to black but I have so many nice parts that are already this color that it would be a shame to do that.  And it fits my color choice for the car anyways.  Plus...  I am getting rid of the A/C and black vinyl gets HOT in the summer!  All I really need to make mine look nice is carpet, headliner and seat covers. 

71charger_fan

I gave my console to Goldfinger (he did pay shipping), changed the dash, door panels, carpet, headliner, console, steering column and wheel, package shelf, kick panels, and sail panels to black. Then I reupholstered the seats in white. Now I can paint it any color I want. It's currently Plum Crazy. Before I move back to the U.S., I'm going to have it painted again, I'm trying to decide on a color. Too many purple ones around now, but I have a couple of colors in mind.

Charger1973

Black it is.  I decided I cant live with myself spending $900 on seat covers, when black would look better anyway.   :smash: