News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan shroud fabrication

Started by Ghoste, September 11, 2005, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I was following another thread about cooling and a good point was brought up about fabricating a shroud.  I was just wondering how many on here have fabbed up there own shroud and how you did it?

MoparYoungGun

Although I haven't actually done it I think it would be fairly simple. Cut out a piece of aluminum the dimensions of the core. Then cut out the dimensions of the fan/fans from the aluminum where the fan/fans will be located. Not sure exactly how I would mount it though. Maybe use the ziptie type things that people use to mount electric fans that go threw the core.

moparguy01

I've done it for race cars before, i built it using aluminum, a sheet metal brake, some rivets and some cutting tools. took about .5 to an hour. somewhere along those lines.

figure out how big the hole in the center has to be, how far out from the radiator, measure including how far you need out from the rad, and add a margin for the mounting flange. then start using the sheet metal brake. get your angles bent so that you can get it out, and rivet it together and add a reinforcement along the mounting surface with rivets, so its got strength and wont be too weak.

its easier to do that it in to explain unfortunately.