News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replies

Started by 400/6/PAC, April 09, 2007, 09:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Hey Troy
I was just wondering if there is a way to view a post while replieing to that post.
Supposed someone ask more then one question and you need to review that question.
If you go back to that thread and then return to your reply, everything you have already typed is erased.
Can we minimize our response and review the question? then return to our response?

Troy

Uh, yes? Well, maybe. It depends on how savvy you are.

Typically, I use the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of each page. I can then scroll up to re-read whatever it is I'm responding to. If you'd rather use the full editor that is displayed when clicking the "Reply" button then the last fifteen or so posts in the thread are shown at the bottom of that page (in reverse order). You could always quote the person you're responding to as well and their post will be displayed along with yours - just be careful to start typing all the way at the bottom or it will look like you quoted yourself. Lastly, you can open two browser windows or two tabs (if you're using a browser that supports tabs) and just switch back and forth. I use Firefox but the new Internet Explorer 7 also has tabs. You can open a link in a new tab by clicking with your center mouse button (the "Reply" link for instance) or you can right-click the link and choose "Open in new window" which should be universal. When you're finished with your response you just close the new window or tab and you'll be right back on the original page. Using the forward and back buttons is really clumsy on the web.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.