News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 and 69 dash cluster

Started by 6d9 charger, April 11, 2007, 06:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6d9 charger

is there a diffrence between a 68 cluster with a tic tack toc and a 69 with the same, will it bolt right in and are the radio plate and the plate over the glove box the same from year to year
thanks

Just 6T9 CHGR

Same except for the plastic bezels...68 has a ribbed finish & 69 has a pebble grain finish
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

What if there's a rear defroster switch?  :D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on April 11, 2007, 07:07:31 PM
What if there's a rear defroster switch?  :D

True, 68 had the switch on the dash cluster if equipped and 69 has it mounted near the heat/ac controls..
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mike DC

The chromed (plastic) rocker switches on the cluster had a painted black area in the middle on some '69 clusters.  '68 switches were all chromed as far as I've ever seen.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 14, 2007, 11:21:27 PM

The chromed (plastic) rocker switches on the cluster had a painted black area in the middle on some '69 clusters. '68 switches were all chromed as far as I've ever seen.

Huh?  Never seen that before :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

Never seen that either,sounds like some custom job.Maybe an easy solution to chipped/peeling chrome.

JimShine

Hmmm, I have seen one black centered switch in a guys parts stash. I always thought it was due to a cheap owner trying to hide ugly worn plating on the switch with black paint.