News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

congrats Geno , for making it into the winged warriors news letter

Started by BigBlockSam, April 13, 2007, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

i got a pleasent surprise this week when my winged warrior's news letter arrived. there was Geno and his toys, hemi charger , daytona and that great car hauler he's got.  :2thumbs: congratulations Geno . you look great. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Gene,  do you have the thread on here about the restoration of your truck or was that on the old site?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nascarxx29

I seen that story in my wingcar newsletter .Congrats Hemi Geno
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

daytonalo

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Hey, thanks everyone!!! 

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was road tripping to Michigan yet again.  Kinda cool to see the ol' rig in print, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed the article.  It's a little unnerving having to write up the story behind the whole deal since I would much rather read about other people's rides than babble on about my stuff.  Thanks again!

PT, I think the info on the truck's resto must have been on the old board, but I have honestly forgotten what all I posted about it.  Some of the "before", "during" and "after" pictures are in this album:

Yahoo Photo Album

hemi68charger

Hey there Geno !!!!

Congrad's........ I'm glad I was able to see this..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 15, 2007, 08:53:43 PM
Hey there Geno !!!!

Congrad's........ I'm glad I was able to see this..........

Troy

Thanks, Troy...

Stay safe and get home soon!

Geno

TUFCAT

Geno certainly knows about Chargers and wing cars - - and he has a beautiful fleet!  Great job on the truck btw, I read about it in MCG. Very COOL :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Charger_Fan

Thanks for that link Geno, that's the first time I've seen those pics.  That truck is just too cool. :icon_smile_big:
How tough was it finding parts for the resto on that? I'm guessing weatherstripping & interior stuff was probably the hardest.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Glad you guys like the truck (and the "fleet"  ;) ), but it was sure a headache getting it to that point.  Grant, you're right about weatherstripping being a toughie.  I happened to come across a really nice set of vent wing rubbers, which doesn't happen too often from the guys I've talked with that are looking for the same thing.  We sorta had to create the door edge weatherstrip from some generic material.  I found a few places that had a great selection of profiles and clips, etc. that made the process somewhat easier, but it was definitely a challenge.

I'm still nowhere close to being done with it though.  Among other little things, I still need a roof-mounted radio antenna (I carelessly threw the original away not realizing that they are as rare as hens teeth), and I'd love to put regular radiator hoses on it.  Try going down to your local NAPA and asking for the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 1960 C500 Low Cab Forward with a Poly 318.

And I quote...

You want whhhhuuuuuttttttt??

:brickwall:

Charger_Fan

There's a place around here that can actually 'preform' coolant hoses for you if you have the right dimensions & angles, have you looked into that type of thing?  I would say to maybe try some of the industrial truck places, but Dodge has been out of the big truck biz so long, I'm betting nobody will have much on them.

Roof mounted radio antenna? Yeah, I bet most of those trucks didn't even come with radios, huh? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)