News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

Well ..she's going together... Bodywork on the Wing ; then, paint...a Sublime Green Wing, maybe. ;)
The TESH

daytonalo

when is the window plug going in ?????????

Xtreme Machines

pandamarie

Why a sublime wing and stripe on a Duketona?? why not the confederate flag. Its already going to standout being a duketona which is a pretty cool idea. you will have the only one at dukefest.

GeneralLeeTESH

Thanks for the compliments. A carbureted 392 (bored to a 396) , balanced, blueprinted and set up for 100 extra Hp of NaO2 will go in, along with Mopar Charlie Gluck's manual steering box kit, motor mounts and Chuck Taylor's center sump 392 oil pan. Behind that will rest a 392 cast iron 1957 truck bellhousing (steel of course) and an A833 18 spline Hemi 4 speed. this will drive the necessary tire-roasting Hp to the rear wheels thru a 1978 Lincoln Versailles 9" Trac-loc (posi aka sure grip) pumpkin, sporting rear wheel disc brakes and 3:00-1 butt gears. The front brakes will be the MP Brakes disc kit-with Manual 4 wheel DB master cyl. and proportioning valve. With the rear Alum-wing putting 100 lbs its own assy weight along with its downforce, this car will be evenly weighted and balanced for running on any track/street. 4.00 " exhaust thru 3 chambered Flowmasters will "gurgle" out the HEMI sounds those Honda boys need to hear on the street !!! Incidentally-the Lincoln Versailles DB Posi Ford 9.0" rearend is very streetable-and has spring "perches" at 44.00" apart. This will bolt up nicely, add rear weight to the car-provide a 800Hp rearend/DB streetable gear package and allow 1.0" MORE REAR tyre under each side within the stock wheel-wells-allowing a 12.0" rear tyre !!!
Yee Haw !!!
The TESH

Howie

A caddy rear end, you gotta be kidding. That thing is going to weigh as much as a sherman tank. I have 12 inch wide tires under the rear of my car and I am only going to go with the offset hangers to give a bit more room between the tire and spring. Lot less hassle. :Twocents:

daytonalo

I thought all 392 hemis laying around were used as boat anchors !!!!!!!

PocketThunder

That is pretty cool TESH.. :yesnod:  Keep up the good work
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

THE CHARGER PUNK

there has to be videos of this thing rippin around when done :yesnod: also i wonder how far this one will jump? :D

GeneralLeeTESH

Firstly- gentlemen-the Lincoln Versailles 9.0" rear-end is a "Ford" product. a "Caddy" is a GM product ! The great thing about the rear-end I am talking about is that: It will easily bolt into place of the existing B-body rearend at the spring perches, allow rear "Beef and fortitude" and allow a disc-brake/posi setup along with allowing 2 more inches of RUBBER under the wheel-wells !!! Here is a picture of one I did on my wife's 66 Shelby GT350R model...a good 400.00 investment-and WELL worth it for drag racing and road racing...and allows you to make a 4 wheel DB Posi-9" car !!! ;)
The TESH

daytonalo

Did you say 800 hp out of a 392 hemi ?

GeneralLeeTESH

NO. I am installing a Lincoln-Versailles 9" HP Rearend with Traction-Loc (limited slip) that CAN HANDLE UP TO  800 Hp EASILY !!!
The TESH

hotrod98

Sounds like a plan. I've had Ford rear ends in all of my race cars, even the 95 Firebird that I have now.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

2fast4u

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone put a General Lee together with a Daytona. :shruggy:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

hotrod98

It's not the first time. There was one at one of the bigger mopar shows several years ago, may have been Topeka. It had the whole daytona transformation. In fact, I think there have been at least two built already.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GeneralLeeTESH

Rest-assured Gentlemen-This carWILL be an ENGINEERING FIRST. It will have all the HotRod installations, which will make it 1/4 Mile-able, streetable, Trac-Dayable and NASCARable !!!
This car epitomizes TRUE American Hot-Rodding at its best !!! I LOVE being an American...and Thank God I never have to LOWER my American-born pride and drive a PATHETIC waste of MONEY Beamer !!! :scratchchin: :yesnod:
The TESH

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikepmcs

Looking good General! :2thumbs:

Looks like you really know your stuff.  Can't wait to see more pics and video too when you get him on the street.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GeneralLeeTESH

I thank you there Mike. Currently-the Wing is being "Bodyworked" and fit. In a couple weeks the paint goes on. Getting "DUKTONA" emblems for both sides made by the local sign co, which does vinyl graphics ! ;)
The TESH

Ghoste

Out of curiousity, which of those dudes would be you Mr. Tesh sir?

2fast4u

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 21, 2007, 09:58:19 PM
It's not the first time. There was one at one of the bigger mopar shows several years ago, may have been Topeka. It had the whole daytona transformation. In fact, I think there have been at least two built already.

Anybody have pics of any of these cars?

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

hotrod98

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the one that I saw. I was going through my e-body phase back then and didn't pay much attention to b-bodies there for a while. Now I own more b-bodies than e-bodies again. I saw a small picture of it later in one of the magazines if I remember correctly. Seems like it was Hotrod or some other non mopar magazine.

Charles Addams

GeneralLeeTESH

Mr. Tesh is the Engineer in the "Greasey Bobs auto wrecking blue/greasey outfit, with the RED Edelbrock hat on. Mopar Jimmy is the man with the red beard and owns this 70 Bee we just finished (see attached pictures)
The TESH

hotrod98

Very nice Bee.
I have a hood just like that in storage. I may cut it up to make a Superbird hood.

Charles Addams