News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad dimmer switch- Maybe not

Started by jmanscharger, September 12, 2005, 10:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

Ok on my other car, only the headlights are not coming on and the high beam indicator doesn't click off. Bad dimmer switch on the floor I assume, I did a search but found no post on fixing, is this as simple as buying a new floor switch?
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

blackcharger

yes, or if it looks OK, take it out of the car, turn it upside down and put some oil (not WD40) and squirt it under the foot button. sometimes these just corride and stick.

Chryco Psycho

jmanscharger

$7 for a new switch but the high beam indicator light is still stuck on and the headlights still don't work with the new switch. All other lights seem to work....Replaced both low beam headlights.. still nothing. What next?
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Chryco Psycho

have the lights ever worked ?  Are the wires at the dimmer in the correct position in the plug ? Do you have power at the dimmer switch ?

Ghoste

Do you have a wiring diagram?  If the indicator says the high beams are on and there are no headlights whatsoever, I'd guess there is a short someplace where those two parts of the circuit come together.