News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oct 24-26 @ MSG!

Started by nh_mopar_fan, September 12, 2005, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

CREAM.

I got tickets to opening night!

sha-wing!

Brock Samson

Who's the gays guys?... friends of yours?.. when did floods come back?..

nh_mopar_fan

If you're ever in Cleveland, stop in and check them out.

At the Rock Hall of Fame......

Shakey

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

NHCharger

I'm digging that. I may have to dig out one of my old Clapton albums and blast out Bellbottom Blues.
For you youngsters Cream was one of the original power trios, many tried to copy, most failed miserable.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Lowprofile

They look like the horn section for KC & the Sunshine Band. :D :D :D 

O0  Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!  O0
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on September 12, 2005, 01:18:02 PM
CREAM.

I got tickets to opening night!

sha-wing!

Are you serious?   :o   They're going to perform again?   I wouldn't mind one bit seeing them together. I've seen Jack Bruce at least 5 or 6 times, & he puts 110% into his live performances. His voice still sounded incredible when I saw him.

I know it isn't the same style of music, but I snagged a pair of tickets to see Nine Inch Nails in November. My wife ain't crazy about it, so I may need a date.   :D   I'll trade you one NIN ticket for one Cream ticket & tell my wife to stay home.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nh_mopar_fan

Dead serious. 3 NY shows only.

I am going on Monday and I can probably score a couple other tix if you're interested.

Tickets go on sale to the public on the 19th. There was an AMEX card pre-sale yesterday.

Old Moparz

All the shows are on weeknights & I can't talk my wife into going, so I'd only need one ticket. Let me know if you can get just one, & how to get a payment to you. (Sending a PM is fine.)

Bob
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

nh_mopar_fan

Bob,

If you can get a ticket at the last minute. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW.

You're right, Jack Bruce is as powerful as ever. Amazing show. My wife is a casual fan and she walked out just dumbstruck.

What a show.

Here's a review:

OLD CREAM RISES TO THE TOP, AND STILL TASTES SWEET

By DAN AQUILANTE

IT COULD have been a disaster â€" considering that since the band broke up 37 years ago, Cream had played together only five times.

But at Madison Square Garden last night, the trio of guitarist Eric Clapton, drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce dipped into the musical fountain of youth for a tight jam of blues-rock that thrilled the sold-out house at the first of the band's three-show series, which concludes tomorrow.

On stage, there was no evidence of any infighting or bitterness.

In fact, at one point mid-show, Bruce praised Clapton for his vocals, guitar work and for being "an all-around good guy." At this historic musical event, drugs, booze and especially egos were checked at the door, making plenty of room for three men, grown old, who still love the music of their youth.

Although the bandmates hardly needed the massive applause they received for just walking on stage, the underlying vibe was that a musical miracle was taking place.

"I can't believe they're back together" was repeated by concert-goers in conversations on the escalators, in rest rooms and at the concession stands.

Rather than sounding as if every song contained an instrumental duel to see who'd bask in the spotlight, there was a remarkable spirit of ensemble playing for the former super group. If this show was proof, Cream has risen to become the electric-blues trio it set out to be in the beginning.

It was clear that past tensions in the rhythms of Baker and Bruce have eased. That is, until the two squared off musically during the song "Sweet Wine" mid-show.

It was a rare moment in a concert where the new harmonies lent the old songs unexpected warmth.

In the two-hour set, Cream glided through familiar songs such as "Badge," "Born Under a Bad Sign," "Sitting On Top of the World" and "White Room," as well as the less familiar "Deserted Cities" and "Tales of Brave Ulysses." Clapton said this was the first time Cream had ever played that song in a show.

All the big hits were there, but a surprise in the music was the absence of the band's former love of long jams and extended solos.

Another surprise was how much of Cream's sound was defined not by Clapton but by Bruce, who is really the voice of the band.

Why, after all these years, the three have agreed to any reunion, even one as fleeting as this one, is unclear. You could guess it's about the money or about reclaiming their place in rock history while all three men are alive.

But for now, the Garden fans were just pleased Cream hasn't spoiled.

PocketThunder

What happend to the Yard Birds?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Bob                

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 25, 2005, 12:13:57 PM
Bob,

If you can get a ticket at the last minute. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW.

Go ahead, rub it in. I knew I'd regret not going, but it's a combination of the shows being on a weeknight, some pretty expensive tickets, the only seats left were behind the stage, & what to do with a 6 year old on a school night. Although I'd be pretty damn tempted to bring her, let her play hooky one day because I'm sure she'd enjoy it.
               Bob                

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 25, 2005, 01:36:17 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 25, 2005, 01:29:11 PM

They became Led Zep.

Didnt Clapton play with the Yard Birds?

Do you know how they came up with the name Led Zepplin?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 25, 2005, 01:43:15 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on October 25, 2005, 01:36:17 PM

They became Led Zep.

Didnt Clapton play with the Yard Birds?

Do you know how they came up with the name Led Zepplin?

Yes & Yes!

Eric Clapton did play with them for a bit, as did Jeff Beck.

As far as how Led Zeppelin got their name:

When Keith Moon of The Who heard that Jimmy Page was putting a band together with Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham, mostly session musicians from the London studio scene, he had said that "it would go over like a lead zeppelin" which means it just wouldn't work.   Man was he wrong.   Jimmy Page said that they needed to drop the "A" from the word lead as "those stupid Americans will pronounce it lead instead of led".   Pompus Englishman!

Led Zeppelin has always been my favourite band as they epitomized rock and roll and its lifestyle in the '70's.   If you ever get a chance to read "Hammer of the Gods", do so, even if you are not a huge Zeppelin fan.   Some great stories about their tours through America.

As you were Cream fans.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Shakey on October 25, 2005, 02:04:55 PM

Jimmy Page said that they needed to drop the "A" from the word lead as "those stupid Americans will pronounce it lead instead of led".   Pompus Englishman!

He was probably right though.  :lol:

As for the Yardbirds, this site has some interesting trivia.   http://www.yardbirds.org/
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Clapton is actually inducted into the Rock HOF three separate times.

The Yardbirds
Cream
solo

Shakey

I remember when his young Child fell out of the 51st floor window in NYC.  :(

I was crushed when I heard that, way back when.   :(

The song he wrote in his memory still makes me swell up a bit.  I am glad they don't play it often.

Brock Samson

two disc-dvd from royal ablert hall...
http://www.cream2005.com/ 
  ;)

Lowprofile

They ended up "In My Belly"

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL