News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hideaway head light problem

Started by davidlclassic, April 23, 2007, 02:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlclassic

I have a 71 charger se with hideaways, I can pull the switch on and the hideaways will open, after staying on about 15 to 20 min. they start opening and closing until I turn the switch off, this is very bad when you are driving at night and very confusing to other drivers :o Can anyone help!
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

CharlieCharger

I had that same problem..I changed the headlight switch itself, and it stopped..also I heard the voltage regulator could cause this, not sure though as it seemed to be a problem with the switch itself..check your wiring too..anyone else care to ring in?
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Charger1973

If you need a quick fix in the meantime, unplug the hideaway motor.  I think you could do it with the lights on (open) and they should stay open.  If not, there is a manual adjustment knob on the motor to open and close them.  I dont have mine hooked up yet, so im not much help with fixing the actual problem... 

71_deputy

SOUNDS LIKE THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH AS ABOVE!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

davidlclassic

Thanks charger1973, I unplugged them at the motor, until I can get a head light switch, and thanks everyone else that helped, you guys are great! :yesnod:
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

davidlclassic

Thanks charliecharger for the fix on the hideaways, got the switch and installed. I don't have a problem anymore :icon_smile_big:
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

Charger1973

That was fast, howd ya find a switch so quick? 

CharlieCharger

No problem.Like I said I had the same problem..people thought I was nuts, with my lights going on and off.. :D
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 24, 2007, 01:17:09 PM
That was fast, howd ya find a switch so quick? 
Oh and yea what he said..

davidlclassic

I work down the road from O'reilly's auto parts, they had one in stock, I drove down picked it up, came back to the shop and installed it, Now they work great. Thanks again guys! For everyones info the part number is S407 Borg Warner, cost is $19.95.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.