News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flo-Pro mufflers

Started by RECHRGD, April 23, 2007, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

In my Gear Vendors installation thread, Firefighter recommended going to Dyno-Max mufflers when re-doing the exhaust system.  I went to the local muffler shop that had Dyno-max and they are trying to get me to go with the Flo-Pro brand.  They say they're not quite as loud as the Dyno-Max but flow just as good or better.  They have a chart that shows that they flow better than the Dyno-Max Super Turbo model.  The Flo-Pro are a little cheaper but that's not my main concern.  I don't want any tickets for being too loud, but I also want the maximum performance.  Anybody out there use this brand?  How do they sound and how's the performance.  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

i will say one thing i have the dynomax super turbos and they are anything but too loud very nice rumble but not loud ! loud is a set of flowmasters
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Bob, is the pro-flo a strait thru design....or is it chambered ? I'm sceptical to their better flow numbers.....the Ultaflow is an awesome flowing muffler. The ultraflow is what you want, not the superturbo.  ;)

As for loud....they are quieter at idle than many chambered mufflers with a very deep rumble....not that annoying tinny sound that you get with a flowbastard.  :icon_smile_angry:  When you drop the hammer they really wake up !  :devil:

Here's a chart outlining the different brands and their respective flow #'s. Take a look at flowmaster....they're anything but a high flowing muffler.  :P

http://www.dynomax.com/products/ufw.asp

Summit racing has them in both 2.5 & 3in sizes :

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D17219&N=700+4294923429+4294922711+400358+4294922710+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D17221&N=700+4294923429+4294922711+400358+4294922710+115&autoview=sku

Summit is also offering a $15.00 gift certificate with each muffler as well !   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

I am not a cop, but I play one on TV. I am here to tell you; if Harley's don't get loud sound tickets then you won't either. I personally have run the Dynomax Ultra Flows. I will never run another muffler than the Ultra Flows. I will also not write myself any tickets for doing so. They are pretty darn quiet at idle and part throttle. Put it to the wood and row the gear box. They come alive. Anything other than that, they are VERY livable. You will run Dynomax and nothing else. You got me mister?........That and Firefighter said so.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

RECHRGD

Quote from: deputycrawford on April 23, 2007, 09:52:42 PM
I am not a cop, but I play one on TV. I am here to tell you; if Harley's don't get loud sound tickets then you won't either. I personally have run the Dynomax Ultra Flows. I will never run another muffler than the Ultra Flows. I will also not write myself any tickets for doing so. They are pretty darn quiet at idle and part throttle. Put it to the wood and row the gear box. They come alive. Anything other than that, they are VERY livable. You will run Dynomax and nothing else. You got me mister?........That and Firefighter said so.

Well, I guess that's the way it must be. ;D  I'll call this guy tomorrow and make sure he has them in stock for me in a week or so.  Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

myk

I'd imagine that all straight-through design mufflers would perform the same, right?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Charger-Bodie

no to jack the thread but what are the diffs between the ultra-flows and the super turbos? sound ? flow ? are they alot differant?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

mikepmcs

Brian
If you go to the dynomax site you will get some hard numbers for comparison.  Ultra flo looks to be at 1000cfm, while the super turbos are down in the 400 range but still higher than the others.

You can hear what I believe to be the ultraflo's in their sound chamber but it's only limited to a number of vehicles and no old stuff.  closest I could come was the camaro as it was a 98.

Check out their site, it's really well done.
http://www.dynomax.com/products/ufw.asp

my question is what is the difference between the ultra ss, welded performance, and x performance models of ultraflo??

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

thanks alot mike ill checkith that out!!

RECHRGD

To answer Firefighter's earlier question; the Flo-Pro chart shows it to flow 342 cfm compared to 300 cfm for the Dynomax Super Turbo, 270 cfm for the Flowmasters and 186 cfm for stock.  If the Ultra Flows do around 1000cfm, that's huge.  And no, the Flo-Pro's are not a straight thru design.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

OK, I just ordered them from Summit for $71.88 each.  The local guys around here wanted $125.00 ea. plus shipping!    Bob 
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

they will probly return the favor by charging extra for the pipes

RECHRGD

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 24, 2007, 02:27:49 PM

Not really.  The guy I ended up choosing to do the work wanted me to buy them.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 24, 2007, 02:30:41 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on April 24, 2007, 02:27:49 PM

Not really.  The guy I ended up choosing to do the work wanted me to buy them.   Bob

thats good i just know that some guys really hate being supplied parts

firefighter3931

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 24, 2007, 02:02:31 PM
OK, I just ordered them from Summit for $71.88 each.  The local guys around here wanted $125.00 ea. plus shipping!    Bob 

Good deal Bob !  :yesnod: Did you ask about the $15.00 gift certificates ? On the website it shows this at the bottom of the page.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RECHRGD

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 24, 2007, 04:27:11 PM

Good deal Bob !  :yesnod: Did you ask about the $15.00 gift certificates ? On the website it shows this at the bottom of the page.  ;)

Ron

I didn't need to ask.  They brought it up and said I would be getting them in 2 to 3 weeks.  Pretty nice place to deal with.  They don't rape you for shipping and the stuff is in stock, unlike some other vendors I've dealt with.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 24, 2007, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 24, 2007, 04:27:11 PM

Ron

I didn't need to ask.  They brought it up and said I would be getting them in 2 to 3 weeks.  Pretty nice place to deal with.  They don't rape you for shipping and the stuff is in stock, unlike some other vendors I've dealt with.   Bob

Two thumbs up for Summit  :2thumbs:

Ron

RECHRGD

OK, the install of the OD and mufflers are done.  They sound great and the guys at the muffler shop were impressed!  Thanks guys.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 11, 2007, 08:05:34 PM
OK, the install of the OD and mufflers are done.  They sound great and the guys at the muffler shop were impressed!  Thanks guys.   Bob

well? how does it work?

RECHRGD

GREAT! go to the general discussion thread about "WOW! It's a whole different car."   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 11, 2007, 09:24:20 PM
GREAT! go to the general discussion thread about "WOW! It's a whole different car."   Bob

yes i found that after i posted the other ?s :brickwall:

firefighter3931

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 11, 2007, 08:05:34 PM

Glad to hear you like the Ultraflows.....i figured that you would  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

CharlieCharger

I don't want to Hijack the thread either, but is the usual consensus on what muffler to use..nobody likes Flowmaster ect.?
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

mikepmcs

It does appear that a lot of us are not fans of the flowmasters.

If I need some more sound out of the Charger after Thursday's cam change, I will be getting the ultraflo's as well.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CharlieCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 14, 2007, 06:35:05 PM
It does appear that a lot of us are not fans of the flowmasters.

If I need some more sound out of the Charger after Thursday's cam change, I will be getting the ultraflo's as well.

v/r
Mike

I live right by a muffler shop..and everybody and there mother with a Mustang GT gets a pair of flowmasters installed and automatically they think they are race car drivers..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris