News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is an "almost" NOS part?

Started by nitrometal, April 27, 2007, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

daytonalo

Kind of like , almost getting laid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aero426

Most NOS sheet metal is not perfect from sitting around.  That said, he should have left it alone.     If it's all metal and just primer on top, his $$$ is right on the money.    I sold one in similar shape for similar dollars.   I left mine with the shelf rash on it though.     It went on a 19k mile Bird the following week.  Car has been wrecked in '71 and repaired badly.

hemigeno

I think the difference here is that the seller says the quarter was removed from a 1970 Satellite.  Another eBay classic...   :rotz:

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Aero426

Quote from: hemigeno on April 27, 2007, 05:40:28 PM
I think the difference here is that the seller says the quarter was removed from a 1970 Satellite.  Another eBay classic...   :rotz:

I see the Satellite comment.  He doesn't say it started as NOS.   But where are the spotweld holes if it was cut off a car?   

hemigeno

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 27, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on April 27, 2007, 05:40:28 PM

I see the Satellite comment.  He doesn't say it started as NOS.   But where are the spotweld holes if it was cut off a car?   

He said in the ad that he had "the metalwork professionally done", which I figure was where they patched in all the spot welds and dressed up the C-pillar joint/seam.  I guess his conscience is clear since he sorta said what it is in the description.  It's just not abundantly clear that it's a rust-free used quarter that has been dressed up to look like it's an NOS piece.

PocketThunder

Quote from: daytonalo on April 27, 2007, 05:00:48 PM

:haha:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Awe man that was funny on a Saturday morning... 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

runninhorn

Quote from: daytonalo on April 27, 2007, 05:00:48 PM

which =blue balls

62 Max

Wonder if he has the rest of the car,I could use some pieces! :apimp:

daytonalo

That is in his other ad , NOS BODY SHELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!like new and in primer

2fast4u

"almost" NOS part is like kind of a virgin!  :D
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

daytonalo