News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: Musicman on March 09, 2012, 07:41:20 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool.  :popcrn:  You can actually walk in behind the falls?

Don't fret about your Badass Powershot A480... 97% of the pic's I have on here were taken with a camera that I keep in my pocket in an old Altoids tin. :lol:

My camera has been dropped enough times that the shutter makes bad noised when it opens and closes.  Sometimes i have to help it along.  Its funny how i can drop $500 on a part for my Chager but spending $500 on a nice camera is like pulling teeth.   :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Musicman

I hear that... sort of... I just hate spending money on myself period. I'll drop $2500 on a little chip off of a pretty rock for the wife's hand, but spending $25 on myself... I have to think long & hard about that, sometimes for days on end.

I use to have a lot photographic equipment back in the old film days. I even had my own darkroom for professional work and process development. Little tiny spy cameras to big giant reflex cameras, I had a ton of stuff. Gave it up when I saw the digital age coming. I figured I'd wait until digital catches up, then back into it again. My wife and daughter bought me a Nikon SLR kit recently as a gift, but it's a piece of crap, so I'm going to sell it. One day soon I'll get myself a nice Pentax and a good perspective lens and see what happens from there. I just have to convince myself that I really do need it first... like I did when I bought the Six Pack system for my engine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nvrbdn

i like the new stuff for gettin fast pic's and posting and all, but i love doing the black and white on my own still. i have the whole b&w dark room. it doesnt get used alot, but still fun to go down there and spend a few hours. to me its still amazing to watch the developement procedure right in front of you. plus black and white is not as temperature sensitive as color so i dont have to be so precise. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Vainglory, Esq.

Wait, you can go behind Minnehaha Falls!? That's awesome!

Musicman

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 09, 2012, 02:51:11 PM
i like the new stuff for gettin fast pic's and posting and all, but i love doing the black and white on my own still. i have the whole b&w dark room. it doesnt get used alot, but still fun to go down there and spend a few hours. to me its still amazing to watch the developement procedure right in front of you. plus black and white is not as temperature sensitive as color so i dont have to be so precise. :yesnod:

I still have one enlarger... a Beseler 23C II XL with both Color & B/W heads, lurking down in my shop somewhere. I was going to donate it to the local high schools photo department many years ago. They actually needed it and wanted it, but the schools legal beagles wouldn't simply accept it as a gift. I had to fill out 99 forms, have it examined, get approval from the United Nations, etc,etc,etc...  Such a big hassle just to give something away for free.

bakerhillpins

Got another 9inches last night... sugaring is slow so I took the family skiing...

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

doctor4766

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 10, 2012, 08:01:15 PM
Got another 9inches last night... sugaring is slow so I took the family skiing...

Ahh the snow.
Last time I saw that stuff fall was in the UK in 1978.
Amazing that you're freezing your asses off when today it was 40*C here. (104*F)
Not enough to stop us going on a cruise to a pub up in the hills, but damn it was hot!
The only solace was a coupla cold beers in the shade of a huge gumtree outside the pub.
Gotta love a '69

Musicman

We didn't get much of anything for snow this year in SE Conn...  :shruggy:

BananaDan

I don't think I've posted this one before...  This is the waterfalls at the entrance to the Baltimore Aquarium.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

The70RT

Wow, Where I live in Kansas we had a record low of like 3" all winter. I have three maples in my yard and they have been pissing up a storm. Those annoying brown buds have been falling like crazy. I can hardly wait for the helicopters to come on  ::) We have had hit and miss 60 degree weather every month this winter so they have been budding for a while now.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Musicman

Quote from: BananaDan on March 11, 2012, 12:13:04 PM
This is the waterfalls at the entrance to the Baltimore Aquarium.

:2thumbs: Nice Shot!

hemigeno

Interesting sunset, took these last night as I stepped out my office door.  There were some pretty terrific thunderstorms around both before and after these photos were taken.  First two were with the crappy iPhone3 camera, last two were with the ol' standby Kodak Z612.

Musicman

The shots from the Kodak are very dramatic  :2thumbs:

Bob T

Sunflower
good mornin'.
You sure do make it like a sunny day.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

RIDELIKEHELL

My view from my lounge chair in Mexico last week
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

charger490

went for a ride in the charger and took the ggchild with me .we had lunch and than drove in the park to this water fall. i took a pic of it from the air and put it on here farther back.it is the second falls on the genasee river that is the only river that flows north in the USA

learical1

Quote from: charger490 on March 19, 2012, 03:56:31 PM
went for a ride in the charger and took the ggchild with me .we had lunch and than drove in the park to this water fall. i took a pic of it from the air and put it on here farther back.it is the second falls on the genasee river that is the only river that flows north in the USA

What about the Red River of the North? It forms the border between North Dakota and Minnesota, and it flows NORTH into Canada to empty into Lake Winnipeg.
Bruce

RIDELIKEHELL

..Looking west at Marysville Michigan
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Fred

This is the old local steam train that used to service the hills community (Dandenong Ranges) yonks ago. Called "Puffing Billy" it is now  a major tourist attraction and runs all year round.
Just happened to time it right on one of our drives in the charger.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

charger490

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Red Cedar River is a westward-flowing tributary of the Grand River in Michigan. Its source is Cedar Lake which is located in Marion Township in the southeastern corner of Livingston County, and it runs about 51.1 miles (82.2 km) through Okemos, East Lansing, including the campus of Michigan State University, and finally Lansing, where it empties into the Grand River. It has a West and a Middle branch, each of which also originates in southern Livingston County.

learical1

Quote from: charger490 on March 22, 2012, 06:08:24 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Red Cedar River is a westward-flowing tributary of the Grand River in Michigan. Its source is Cedar Lake which is located in Marion Township in the southeastern corner of Livingston County, and it runs about 51.1 miles (82.2 km) through Okemos, East Lansing, including the campus of Michigan State University, and finally Lansing, where it empties into the Grand River. It has a West and a Middle branch, each of which also originates in southern Livingston County.

Also from Wikipedia:
The Red River (French: Rivière rouge, German: Roter Fluss, American English: Red River of the North) is a North American river. Originating at the confluence of the Bois de Sioux and Otter Tail rivers between the U.S. states of Minnesota and North Dakota, it flows northward through the Red River Valley, forming the border of Minnesota and North Dakota and continuing into Manitoba, Canada. It empties into Lake Winnipeg, whose waters join the Nelson River and ultimately flow into the Hudson Bay, which is considered part of the Arctic Ocean.
Bruce

Fred

Took these pics today. Cyclamens in our garden..............a sign of Autumn.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

sixty8charger

Got another 9inches last night...

hahaha, Thats what she said... :icon_smile_big:

(Couldn't resist)  Nice shot though!
Jayson

68X426

Quote from: learical1 on March 21, 2012, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: charger490 on March 19, 2012, 03:56:31 PM

What about the Red River of the North? It forms the border between North Dakota and Minnesota, and it flows NORTH into Canada to empty into Lake Winnipeg.

There are hundreds of rivers that are the ONLY one to flow north. Complete myths surround this subject.

The Salinas River flows north in California. Starts in Santa Margarita and ends in Monterey. And it's a major river, not a creek or tributary.

The Teton and the Snake rivers flow north (Idaho). The Monongahela flows north. The Willamette flows north. There are hundreds more.

Now back to the great pics in the thread.  :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68neverlate

Quote from: Fred on March 25, 2012, 02:29:31 AM
Took these pics today. Cyclamens in our garden..............a sign of Autumn.

That last statement messed me up for a moment... then I remembered where you lived!    :icon_smile_big:

No matter where you are in the world, if you've lived there all your life, the defaults are set and it sometimes takes a conscious effort to remember that it may not be the same for someone living somewhere else.

So, time to mess a few more people up... is it true that water rotates in the opposite direction (clockwise) down the drains down there (southern hemisphere)??   :flush:    :laugh: