News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebby

Sylvan Lake, Custer State Park, SD

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

TruckDriver

WOW! is right! BEAUTIFUL!!!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Alaskan_TA

Wow! My pond fish would love it there.

Alaskan_TA

December 4, 2012 Ketchikan sunset.

rebby

Quote from: Finn on December 04, 2012, 01:17:39 PM
Wow

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 04, 2012, 05:32:04 PM
WOW! is right! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 04, 2012, 07:54:36 PM
Wow! My pond fish would love it there.

Thanks! Sylvan Lake is another one of my favorite places. Like the Headwaters of the Mississippi though, it's always crawling with people which is understandable but, still, too bad.

Sylvan Lake has really grown in popularity since "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" came out. After seeing that movie, my kids INSISTED on going to Sylvan Lake.  :2thumbs:
Curt Rebelein, Junior

Fred

rebby, how did you manage to get a pic of Sylvan Lake without tourists crawling over the shot?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Alaskan_TA

Disguise the camera as a .50 caliber machine gun & everyone just walks away.  :shruggy:

Fred

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 04, 2012, 08:36:16 PM
Disguise the camera as a .50 caliber machine gun & everyone just walks away.  :shruggy:

:smilielol:  I'll remember that. More often than not tourist's always get in the way and spoil the pics. Of course digital camera's are a great advantage now a days.
 What a bummer it used to be (before digital) when you got your photos back and sure enough, there'd always be someone's head in the shot.

rebby

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2012, 08:33:43 PM
rebby, how did you manage to get a pic of Sylvan Lake without tourists crawling over the shot?

Right time of day, a little patience, and multiple shots. The same way that I got a clear shot of the headwaters. I picked a spot and shot multiple frames without moving (handheld in this case) while keeping an eye on the various people moving around. After a couple of minutes (and a little chimping) I was pretty sure that I could get a clear composite. In this case, I only used 2 frames and was able to remove all of the people that were out and about. I even pulled a boat out. There is another spot in the water that there was some stationary testing equipment that needed to be cloned out but that was a pretty straight forward process.

I have another picture of Sylvan Lake that I'm still working on. That one is a tall-panorama that shows the entire shore line. After getting rid of all people/boats, there are probably 25 frames (50mm portraits stacked horizontally and vertically). I'll see if I can't get it finished up over the next few days to add to this thread.

The pic a page (or two?) back of the Headwaters of the Mississippi was done in the same way. There were so many people/boats there that day though that it took about 10 frames to get that single shot!

Photoshop is fun! It's really the only way to get good/clear images of various landmarks that aren't packed with people that you don't know. Unless of course you know somebody and get them to close down the parks! If that's the case, give me call!!!

Disguise the camera as a .50 caliber machine gun & everyone just walks away.  :shruggy:

Are you saying that the 5" 1911 that I (often) open carry on my right hip helps??? Maybe that's why so many people run when I show up? I thought that they were intimidated by my giant white lenses...  :confused:

FYI: That doesn't really happen. Barely anybody ever notices that I have gun. I'm convinced that I could have an AR slung to my back and nobody would look twice.
Curt Rebelein, Junior

Fred

Quote from: rebby on December 04, 2012, 08:52:29 PM
Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2012, 08:33:43 PM

Right time of day, a little patience, and multiple shots. The same way that I got a clear shot of the headwaters. I picked a spot and shot multiple frames without moving (handheld in this case) while keeping an eye on the various people moving around. After a couple of minutes (and a little chimping) I was pretty sure that I could get a clear composite. In this case, I only used 2 frames and was able to remove all of the people that were out and about. I even pulled a boat out. There is another spot in the water that there was some stationary testing equipment that needed to be cloned out but that was a pretty straight forward process.

I have another picture of Sylvan Lake that I'm still working on. That one is a tall-panorama that shows the entire shore line. After getting rid of all people/boats, there are probably 25 frames (50mm portraits stacked horizontally and vertically). I'll see if I can't get it finished up over the next few days to add to this thread.

The pic a page (or two?) back of the Headwaters of the Mississippi was done in the same way. There were so many people/boats there that day though that it took about 10 frames to get that single shot!

Photoshop is fun! It's really the only way to get good/clear images of various landmarks that aren't packed with people that you don't know. Unless of course you know somebody and get them to close down the parks! If that's the case, give me call!!!

I look forward to it.

Fred

Disguise the camera as a .50 caliber machine gun & everyone just walks away.  :shruggy:

Quote from: rebby on December 04, 2012, 08:52:29 PM
FYI: That doesn't really happen. Barely anybody ever notices that I have gun. I'm convinced that I could have an AR slung to my back and nobody would look twice.

I think you're right there. People very rarely notice what's going on around them. I guess ignorance is bliss.

tan top

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 04, 2012, 08:08:04 PM
December 4, 2012 Ketchikan sunset.

wow , thats an awesome sky ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Musicman

The70RT

:icon_smile_cool:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rebby

Here is my Sylvan Lake panoramic so far. It's not quite ready to print but it's getting close. The plan is to have this printed at 17x40 then framed with a double matte. We have a few walls in our house that we dedicate to our own photography and this is one (of few) that will be hitting the wall from this year.

A little smaller for those who can't see the whole thing at 1600px.

For comparison, here is the standard framed shot.

Curt Rebelein, Junior

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

A383Wing

"right click ----- saved"

Bryan

skip68

Nice picture Dennis.  Looks like a nice quiet place.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bob T

Its that time again. Corner of Queen & Victoria St Auckland
Quite likely the only reindeer in NZ  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

68X426

Imagine having a desk by the window that looks out on the reindeer's ass. A whole month of that rump staring back at you. :eek2:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on December 05, 2012, 10:48:25 PM
Nice picture Dennis.  Looks like a nice quiet place.    :2thumbs:

:smilielol: :smilielol:  You need to go there and see for yourself just how quiet it is.

Good job rebby. Definitely deserves a place on that wall.  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Old Mack truck out in the cold.

Fred

Alaskan_TA

Tugboat Allison H. at twilight in Tongass Narrows.