News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote from: Fred on December 07, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Does that really have to be shared? I enjoy checking out this thread as there are nearly always great pics to be seen so imagine my disappointment when I'm assailed by a scene like that.

Life is gory enough without having to stare it in the face.   :Twocents:

Edited for your delicate sensibilities   :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

Showing off an animal you killed....awesome pic....make ya feel like a man...?  ::)

Fred

Quote from: Drache on December 07, 2013, 10:40:43 PM
Quote from: Fred on December 07, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Does that really have to be shared? I enjoy checking out this thread as there are nearly always great pics to be seen so imagine my disappointment when I'm assailed by a scene like that.

Life is gory enough without having to stare it in the face.   :Twocents:

Edited for your delicate sensibilities   :D

I know there are a lot of hunters out there and they will no doubt enjoy the pics.  Maybe you could start a new thread called Kill of the Day or something where all that want to can post up their pics and or look at them can do so and others like me with "delicate sensibilities" won't have to.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Drache

Quote from: Ram07 on December 07, 2013, 10:53:58 PM
Showing off an animal you killed....awesome pic....make ya feel like a man...?  ::)

Nope makes me feel like I put real meat into the freezer  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

good for you, then no need to show it off then...right? Lets do nice pics here...

Paul G

Come on guys, what's the deal? Hunting is as American as it gets. Drache is eating what he killed. Nothing wrong with that. Don't you guys eat meat? And if not that is your business, not ours. How do you think the burgers or juicy steaks get to our dinner tables?

I am not a hunter. Don't have the stomach to take a life. Don't want to go through the process of field dressing. But I sure like eating animals other people kill.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ram07

A pic of the day, is a nice pic. as seen in all the other posts, not a dude showing off his kill of the day...although, to be fair, haven't looked through all the pages on this thread, but the ones I have seen, didn't show a kill of the day pic!

Paul G

Quote from: Ram07 on December 07, 2013, 11:08:57 PM
A pic of the day, is a nice pic. as seen in all the other posts, not a dude showing off his kill of the day...

And who determines that? This an open forum. Understand that when a person makes a post asking others to do the same, you may not always like what others like. That is how it is. You have no right to bash Drache because he posted something he is proud of. You don't have to like it, but you have no right to bash him.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

Fred

Quote from: Paul G on December 07, 2013, 11:05:43 PM
Come on guys, what's the deal? Hunting is as American as it gets. Drache is eating what he killed. Nothing wrong with that. Don't you guys eat meat? And if not that is your business, not ours. How do you think the burgers or juicy steaks get to our dinner tables?

I am not a hunter. Don't have the stomach to take a life. Don't want to go through the process of field dressing. But I sure like eating animals other people kill.

I didn't come down in the last shower, I know where the food I eat comes from. That's not the point I was trying to make. We all have to eat, fair enough.  I'm merely saying that not everybody is into hunting and therefore don't want to be confronted by a pic of a kill.  :Twocents:

Ram07

Thinking I have a right to say what I think, just like you have a right to tell me that I'm wrong for saying it....

Post the dead animal kills elsewhere, seems easy enough?

Drache

Quote from: Paul G on December 07, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
A pic of the day, is a nice pic. as seen in all the other posts, not a dude showing off his kill of the day...

And who determines that? This an open forum. Understand that when a person makes a post asking others to do the same, you may not always like what others like. That is how it is. You have no right to bash Drache because he posted something he is proud of. You don't have to like it, but you have no right to bash him.

Thanks for the stand up posts Paul. Fred had a decent idea and since he was a good sport I created a thread for the hunters here. Ram07 can take his sensibilities and stuff them where the sun don't shine  :nana:

Did you know Paul that Vegetarian is a Native American word? Means bad hunter  :rofl:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Fred

Quote from: Drache on December 07, 2013, 11:19:18 PM
Quote from: Paul G on December 07, 2013, 11:12:50 PM

Thanks for the stand up posts Paul. Fred had a decent idea and since he was a good sport I created a thread for the hunters here.

Much appreciated.  :2thumbs:

Paul G

First post in this thread by the OP, ck1, has a pile of dead fish in the second pic down. Go back up and take a look. The OP is probably an outdoorsman based on his other pics. He is a fisherman at least. Probably a hunter too. You guys came in late and expect to make the rules? I don't get it.

Fred

Quote from: Paul G on December 07, 2013, 11:27:32 PM
First post in this thread by the OP, ck1, has a pile of dead fish in the second pic down. Go back up and take a look. The OP is probably an outdoorsman based on his other pics. He is a fisherman at least. Probably a hunter too. You guys came in late and expect to make the rules? I don't get it.

I saw that very first pic of the fish before I ever posted here so I'm quite familiar with the thread and you're probably going to call me hypocritical now but the fish pic is not a gory one.

Paul G

Ram07

I don't think it was an argument...difference of opinions....dead fish, or a dead animal...pics a little different...sorry for having my say on an open forum.

Fred

Quote from: Ram07 on December 07, 2013, 11:39:28 PM
I don't think it was an argument...difference of opinions....dead fish. or a dead animal...pics a little different...

I agree.   :cheers:    
The end!

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

Haha, ho, ho ho, have a good one!

Alaskan_TA

Last night's moon;

Fred

JB400

Nothing wrong with the kill shot.  It's just a trophy shot.  :Twocents:

Nice to see the moon shots again  :2thumbs: :cheers:

68X426

Quote from: Fred on December 07, 2013, 11:56:04 PM
                  Good shot!   :icon_smile_big:   :2thumbs:

Wait just a minute! Now are we talking hunting again?  Or not?  :icon_smile_big:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Quote from: 68X426 on December 08, 2013, 12:43:19 AM

Quote from: Fred on December 07, 2013, 11:56:04 PM
                  Good shot!   :icon_smile_big:   :2thumbs:

Wait just a minute! Now are we talking hunting again?  Or not?  :icon_smile_big:

It was deliberate and I know it was naughty of me.   :icon_smile_big:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire