News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i'll make it a point...  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

mur  :pity:

BigBlackDodge

...must be the homo in me ...................

:o

The woodpile.........don't get excited!

BBD

Silver R/T

there's phasants around my house, you can see male and female is harder to see since they're just gray and hide in grass very well.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ck1

Quote from: ck1 on May 05, 2007, 12:21:45 AM
Quote from: ck1 on May 04, 2007, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: ck1 on May 04, 2007, 11:44:07 AM
OK, get ready, this is not a new recipe, but I have been told I have perfected it, you can use any red meat.  Person I learn it from used duck, and I think elk works the best, but I'm out of elk :'(.  Stay tuned for step by step pictures :stirthepot:
OK if meat is frozen, let it thaw out a little but not all the way, deer is very tender," tell you cook it wrong", and is easier to cut partly frozen.  Cut it about 2 to 3 inch lengths about a 1/4 to 1/2  inch thick off of  a steak cut.  get a large bowl to put your meat to soak in a apple cider, not juices, "CIDER"......... I like to use a part sparkling Cran-Apple cider but to keep the cost down you can use just plain cider, make sure meat is totally submerged in cider cover and put in frig for about 8 hours..............."BAM" :D

P.S.  Apple Cider sweetins the meat and hides the gamey taste if you don't like that gamey taste wild meat has a tendicy to have and if you want to feed it to unsuspecting people who refuse to not eat deer and you want to disguise it :D but thats mean and I would never do that :nono:
OK, its been about 9 hours.............drain cider from bowl throughly then add your favorite barbecue sauce or you can go spicy "BAM"  :D......"WARNING" you will see later on when other ingredient's are added what I mean, and if you use liquid smoke like from picture just a few drop!  barbecue sauce first then other ingredient's or the potent stuff may stick to one peace of meat and you don't want that or you will get a suprise while eating it! place in frig for 8 hours.  cider will protect it from tasting like all BQ sauce so don't worry about  marinating it to long, I have had it set in brine for two days and still fine...........
We are ready for next step, you will need Bacon, marinated Meat, Peperoncini and round Tooth picks.............cut Bacon in half width Wise.......I like to use Thick Cracked Pepper Bacon.........you can use any Bacon you want just make sure its good Bacon that won't crumble when rolled........ you can get a big jar of Peperoncini from costco for about the same price as a small jar from a regular store......if peppers to big or you want to make it less spicy cut them in half..........draining juice out of them helps to and keeps you from getting a belly ache from you people who know about eat to many peppers :flame:....layer Bacon, marinated Meat, Peperoncini and then roll leaving a little end of Bacon to complet the roll and stick with Tooth pick. "BAM" :D.....place on broiler pan............

P.S.  remember when starting this dish its really easy to go overboared on making it to spicy.....so I advise for the first time to just use basic ingredients........
CJK

ck1

Quote from: ck1 on May 05, 2007, 01:00:47 PM
OK, get ready, this is not a new recipe, but I have been told I have perfected it, you can use any red meat.  Person I learn it from used duck, and I think elk works the best, but I'm out of elk :'(.  Stay tuned for step by step pictures :stirthepot:
OK if meat is frozen, let it thaw out a little but not all the way, deer is very tender," tell you cook it wrong", and is easier to cut partly frozen.  Cut it about 2 to 3 inch lengths about a 1/4 to 1/2  inch thick off of  a steak cut.  get a large bowl to put your meat to soak in a apple cider, not juices, "CIDER"......... I like to use a part sparkling Cran-Apple cider but to keep the cost down you can use just plain cider, make sure meat is totally submerged in cider cover and put in frig for about 8 hours..............."BAM" :D

P.S.  Apple Cider sweetins the meat and hides the gamey taste if you don't like that gamey taste wild meat has a tendicy to have and if you want to feed it to unsuspecting people who refuse to not eat deer and you want to disguise it :D but thats mean and I would never do that :nono:
OK, its been about 9 hours.............drain cider from bowl throughly then add your favorite barbecue sauce or you can go spicy "BAM"  :D......"WARNING" you will see later on when other ingredient's are added what I mean, and if you use liquid smoke like from picture just a few drop!  barbecue sauce first then other ingredient's or the potent stuff may stick to one peace of meat and you don't want that or you will get a suprise while eating it! place in frig for 8 hours.  cider will protect it from tasting like all BQ sauce so don't worry about  marinating it to long, I have had it set in brine for two days and still fine...........
We are ready for next step, you will need Bacon, marinated Meat, Peperoncini and round Tooth picks.............cut Bacon in half width Wise.......I like to use Thick Cracked Pepper Bacon.........you can use any Bacon you want just make sure its good Bacon that won't crumble when rolled........ you can get a big jar of Peperoncini from costco for about the same price as a small jar from a regular store......if peppers to big or you want to make it less spicy cut them in half..........draining juice out of them helps to and keeps you from getting a belly ache from you people who know about eat to many peppers :flame:....layer Bacon, marinated Meat, Peperoncini and then roll leaving a little end of Bacon to complet the roll and stick with Tooth pick. "BAM" :D.....place on broiler pan............

P.S.  remember when starting this dish its really easy to go overboared on making it to spicy.....so I advise for the first time to just use basic ingredients........
Were are ready to put in the oven............put broiler pan on second to the top rack..........close door leaving slightly open at the top for breathing room because your going to broil them at the highest heat.....and you don't leave the doors closed on a oven when broiling.......see how I have them in the pan....this help the bacon juice to infuse through the marinated meat down through to the pan making the meat juicy and tender for we all know venison can be dry because it is sooooooo learn........this is gonna cook fast so keep a close eye on it 5 maybe 10 minutes.............after bacon edges get black pull pan out and flip rolls to do other side tell they get black also..............don't worry if you think meat is not getting done just yet.....................oh ya..............."BAM" :D
CJK

ck1

Quote from: ck1 on May 05, 2007, 01:26:42 PM
Quote from: ck1 on May 05, 2007, 01:00:47 PM

Were are ready to put in the oven............put broiler pan on second to the top rack..........close door leaving slightly open at the top for breathing room because your going to broil them at the highest heat.....and you don't leave the doors closed on a oven when broiling.......see how I have them in the pan....this help the bacon juice to infuse through the marinated meat down through to the pan making the meat juicy and tender for we all know venison can be dry because it is sooooooo learn........this is gonna cook fast so keep a close eye on it 5 maybe 10 minutes.............after bacon edges get black pull pan out and flip rolls to do other side tell they get black also..............don't worry if you think meat is not getting done just yet.....................oh ya..............."BAM" :D
OK...there done...........I let mine cool of on a plate.........then place in microwave for about 1 minute if just out of the oven....minute and a half if stored in frig........"BAM" :D

P.S. did you know that venison is one of the most healthyest meat you can eat, even better then chickin...packed with protein and vitamin and low on cholesterol too..........sooooo admire it from afar and eat it when you can for they get away most of the time..........poor inslaved, chemical, steroid injected fed cows don't :yesnod:

P.S.S. to eat thease "DON'T NIBBLE" pop the whole thing in your mouth and pull off tooth pick and chew good for long time flaverful bliss......."BAM"  thee end  :D
CJK

BigBlackDodge

:drool5:

Man that looks good! Email me one!

BBD

moparsons

I am soooo gonna make some of those!!!!!!

Spike

Detroit in January.

Detroit in spring.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i don't know if these are daisies on not.

mikepmcs

CK
Thanks bro!

I gotta print this out now cause that looks outstanding.  I'll use flap steak(for everyone, that is very close to steak tips IMO and cheaper) cause I have no game right now.  Man, that looks good!!!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

they came from that abandoned church with the moss on the north side,.. this is the southside..

mikepmcs

Dave
I'd really like a pic of the Presidio with the fog rolling in over the wall.  Can you hook a San Fran born brother up?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Skued

New Orleans Christmas.
St. Mark's

Bourbon St.

Steve
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Shakey

:pity:

Shakey

:-*

Shakey

:-\

mikepmcs

Ok, here we go.  Went up north country last couple days to pour some crete at my best friends camp.

first pics are of my other buddy's camp in the same area.  Passadumkeag, Maine

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Passadumkeag,+ME,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

That's my best friend rob in the pic(known him for over 16 years in the Navy....that's gotta be a record that we still live near each other.(his family is my family)

Brock Samson

what's he doin?..  peein on the side of the shed?..  :sick:

mikepmcs

New shooting lane.  See the dark spot left of center.  hacked a couple trees and now in the second pic...this is what we see. :yesnod:

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 05, 2007, 08:50:58 PM
what's he doin?..  peein on the side of the shed?..  :sick:

No, that is where our buddy keeps his key.  We were stealing a trashcan to get some gravel at the pit.  B and E baby! :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

some good size deer tracks and the road.

mikepmcs

Last couple.  This is why we went up..to build a slab and put up the little generator house.  Mission accomplished...(2+ -30 packs later in less than 48 hours, DOH!)

The other boys you see in the picture are Whitey(buddy's camp we broke in to thursday night) and Randy.  Rob is in there again as well.  We are all retired Navy Chief Petty Officers.  That is 84 years of Navy right there between the 4 of us(i'm not in the pic) :o

v/r
Mike

ck1

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 05, 2007, 07:36:35 PM
CK
Thanks bro!

I gotta print this out now cause that looks outstanding.  I'll use flap steak(for everyone, that is very close to steak tips IMO and cheaper) cause I have no game right now.  Man, that looks good!!!

v/r
Mike
make sure its really lean, the bacon makes it juicy enough.......I was thinking skirt steak would work good to...........but I always have deer or elk in the freezer....i usually get a deer every year, my brother, cousin and dad too, along with a couple of elks from our muzzle loader season, so my freezer stocked every year....... :yesnod:
CJK