News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: 73dodge on June 19, 2007, 01:00:17 PM
:eek2:

Did you take that pic of her on Sunday morning Joe?   :scratchchin:

I agree it's a great pic but this thread is for photos taken by the poster.  My reason for stating something like this is that this thread, which seems to be somewhat popular, will easily get derailed (no offense to our member with the same name) and soon after that it will get locked.  Thanks for you cooperation.   :yesnod:

Also, according to one member, the photos should be recent and not one you took five years ago.  I agree with guidelines but, who cares when the photos in question were taken.   :shruggy:

69Coronet

A Scrap Metal train in the BNSF yard in Tulsa

Some brand New switch's

train going under a bridge
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

69Coronet

BNSF stack car train
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

SeattleCharger

salmon fishing

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

PocketThunder

Laura Ingels Wilder home in Lund, WI  http://www.lauraingallswilder.com/  Remember the show Little House on the Prairie?  This was in the next town over from my hometown.  (Well, its not really a town anymore, its unincorporated now)

Second Pic.  The Union House.  This was a Tavern/Inn for all the stagecoach travelers that got off the Mississippi River in Pepin Wi and traveled inland.  It was built in the later half of the 1800's.  The guy who owns it now is s-l-o-w-l-y restoring it. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

raybeez

The Grand Canyon, this past winter...

raybeez

watershow in front of the Bellagio in Vegas....

Manfred318

Here some pics of the new-fangled technology I use.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

73dodge

Quote from: Shakey on June 19, 2007, 08:03:36 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on June 19, 2007, 01:00:17 PM
:eek2:

Did you take that pic of her on Sunday morning Joe?   :scratchchin:

I agree it's a great pic but this thread is for photos taken by the poster.  My reason for stating something like this is that this thread, which seems to be somewhat popular, will easily get derailed (no offense to our member with the same name) and soon after that it will get locked.  Thanks for you cooperation.   :yesnod:

Also, according to one member, the photos should be recent and not one you took five years ago.  I agree with guidelines but, who cares when the photos in question were taken.   :shruggy:

Ooops sorry Mike I should have remembered what I read in the first post my apologizes to anyone I weirded out with my Rosie Bin Laden picture, I SHOULD have posted in one of the many CHICKS ON WHATEVER threads going on.

But I will make it right these were taken last week in Idaho can you guess what it is?

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Shakey

Quote from: 73dodge on June 20, 2007, 07:58:35 AM

But I will make it right these were taken last week in Idaho can you guess what it is?

Tell us more about this excursion!   :yesnod:

73dodge

Quote from: Shakey on June 20, 2007, 08:04:51 AM
Quote from: 73dodge on June 20, 2007, 07:58:35 AM

Tell us more about this excursion!   :yesnod:

Hailey Idaho last week 2 hours north east of Boise small airport in flies a B-17 and the airport administrator lets me walk up to it and lets me take as many pics as I want. Only had my crappy cell phone to take pics but not often you get to crawl around a B-17.

the crew went into town for dinner and had left for the day so I could not crawl inside,  they said I would be allowed if the crew was around but like I said they had left for the day.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

mikepmcs

B-17 I think.   

Nice pic, got any more of the whole bird?? :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73dodge

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 20, 2007, 08:20:49 AM
B-17 I think.   

Nice pic, got any more of the whole bird?? :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

yes B-17

None of the whole bird, I thought about that after I left, I just took close up shots..........  :shruggy:

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Shakey on May 05, 2007, 08:29:57 PM
:-\
I can't imagine living in a small area like that is healthy for that poor calf. Shakey, please tell me that you had found these pics.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Wheels of Terror

Whatcho lookin' at! :lol: My husband calls this her mind control stare.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

Wheels of Terror

1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Manfred318 on June 19, 2007, 11:27:05 PM

I wan't that Green Jello vinyl man, what will you trade me for it? :scratchchin:
My left nut is out of the question.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Shakey

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on June 20, 2007, 12:30:53 PM
Quote from: Shakey on May 05, 2007, 08:29:57 PM
:-\
I can't imagine living in a small area like that is healthy for that poor calf. Shakey, please tell me that you had found these pics.

Not sure if you are referring to the one in the wooden pen or the one caged against the wall?

The one in the wooden pen will stay there for a few weeks and then move to a larger stall with a few others until they are large enough to hold their own ground with the larger cows.

The one in the cage against the wall is only about 12 hours old and needs to be separated from her mother while the mother eats.  It is only caged like that for an hour or two at a time.

That poor calf will grow up to be a healthy Jersey who will produce quality milk with a high fat content for years to come.  When we're done with her, off to the butcher shop!   :yesnod:

Now, the last photo shows a calf that was on its last legs.  My Daughter (3) saw it get born but it was the cows first calf and the cow didn't know what to do with her.  She tried to clean her up but it just didn't work.  She was a stubborn cow and wouldn't move to the pen.  We had a rope on her neck attached to a pulley system to get her to move to the pen but had no luck and the cattle prod was not handy.  The calf died about two hours after she was born, just after the photo was taken.  My daughter was at the barn after dinner looking for the baby and we had to explain to her that the calf was gone to heaven.  My Father-in-Law explained to her, "on a farm you have livestock and you have deadstock".   :smilielol:

charger490

getting in the hay .farm is 4000  A 3000 cows

bull

Interesting cloud formation north of my front yard last night. Looks like bird wing to me...

ck1

Shakey, we use to have to help pull calf's out sometimes on our farm because they would get turned around and come out hind legs first, it happened allot and never could understand it? we even hooked up the pickup truck once to pull the calf out and only a few would ever make it...................did you ever have to assist in a calf birthing?
CJK

bull

I have. One word: slimey.

jasonfromIKILLYA

me falling out of a smoking port-o-potty, drunk as hell with my friend ben, at the greatest bar in the world, Duffs.  (don't you love how I stay on topic)
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Manfred318

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 20, 2007, 02:19:23 PM
Quote from: Manfred318 on June 19, 2007, 11:27:05 PM

I wan't that Green Jello vinyl man, what will you trade me for it? :scratchchin:
My left nut is out of the question.
I dont know. What did you have in mind? Thanks alot, I really could have used a left nut. :icon_smile_big: I just got it yesterday actually. Here are a few more pics fo ya. :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.