News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Sorry, Didn't know. I think I remember another guy getting spanked for the same thing. SORRY. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:  LEON.

hemi-hampton

OK, Here's a Substitute Pic. Disregard those other 2 :icon_smile_blackeye: This Pic is from the other day when my Buddy tells me about a old 1800's Dilapitated Haunted house with Monsters upstairs. Said he started going up stairs when he heard a bizarre sound & something chasing him. He was afraid to go back so he got me to Investigate. Sure enough as I was near the top of Stairs I start hearing a really bizarre noise I never heard before. I took a Peek to see 2 Turkey Vultures huddling together in the corner. Viseable in Pic on lower right. My Buddy freaks out as I tell him come take a look. Took him 5 minutes to weasel his way up. It was pretty funny. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Goodbye Dodge Dealership :'(  LEON.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Foreman72 on August 10, 2009, 07:15:39 AM
Quote from: mikepmcs on August 09, 2009, 05:25:37 PM

ahha...mike...noticed you taking pictures of flowers...one man card please :D

:lol:

Crap, busted. *hands card over while kicking rocks*
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 11, 2009, 05:34:42 AM

Is that a regular digital camera you are using on those flower close ups?  do you have a special close up option or lens or something?  thanks,  Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Foreman72

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 11, 2009, 05:34:42 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

good stuff...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

Nate
It's a Nikon D80 with a couple different lenses but cropping a picture is the poor man's macro.  :icon_smile_big:  It's over 10mp so you can crop close ups and as long as it was in focus you can get pretty zoomy.  I normally take about 5-10 pictures of the same thing on continuous and then end up deleting a bunch and keeping only a few.  I am searching for a macro lens right now because I want to get some real close ups like spiders and bees and bugs and stuff.  Looks like I need to step it up so I can get my sack back from Foreman!   :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Foreman72

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 11, 2009, 12:00:26 PM
Nate
It's a Nikon D80 with a couple different lenses but cropping a picture is the poor man's macro.  :icon_smile_big:  It's over 10mp so you can crop close ups and as long as it was in focus you can get pretty zoomy.  I normally take about 5-10 pictures of the same thing on continuous and then end up deleting a bunch and keeping only a few.  I am searching for a macro lens right now because I want to get some real close ups like spiders and bees and bugs and stuff.  Looks like I need to step it up so I can get my sack back from Foreman!   :2thumbs:

:lol: :lol:

pictures of bugs are grounds for reinstatement...man card reissued :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

bearbqd

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 10, 2009, 09:16:00 PM
Goodbye Dodge Dealership :'(  LEON.
That sucks. DId you see if you could buy the sign? That would be awesome.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Foreman72 on August 11, 2009, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on August 11, 2009, 12:00:26 PM
Nate

:lol: :lol:

pictures of bugs are grounds for reinstatement...man card reissued :2thumbs:

I am going to try a pic of flowers sometime   :lol:,  But put these pics in my mancard bank account
   I captured him in my x's kitchen a while ago, that's her finger behind bowl for size reference.  I scored some points with her for big spider capture mission completed

myk

VW's and their air-cooled engines.  But wait, that was a newer bus.  Oh well...

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

c00nhunterjoe

yes, that is my 4 year old son standing next to the round.....

bearbqd

I would have never seen him if you hadn't mentioned it.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

tan top

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 11, 2009, 09:09:14 PM
yes, that is my 4 year old son standing next to the round.....

wow thats a big gun :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bearbqd on August 12, 2009, 09:50:42 AM
I would have never seen him if you hadn't mentioned it.

I didn't notice him until you said something,  thought he was talking about a pic posted earlier in thread,

wth?   that gun is gigantic    and that round, never seen something like that.  was that gun in a fort on the edge of some waterway?  to take out enemy ships?  wonder what the range was.  can't imagine the damage a direct hit could do,    ka-blammo!

c00nhunterjoe

the round itself is 2200 lbs. the gun was one of 12(i think) built for a special class of battleships that were never made due to the early treaties of the 30's(i think) that limited the total weight of warships. the guns were built but the treaty got signed so the "super battleship" was scrapped. now having all of these guns built the govt decided to use them for shore defense. the one pictured is at apg maryland on display. it was set up as shore defense for years until its decomission and placement at the ordanance museum.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 12, 2009, 05:54:04 PM
the round itself is 2200 lbs. the gun was one of 12(i think) built for a special class of battleships that were never made due to the early treaties of the 30's(i think) that limited the total weight of warships. the guns were built but the treaty got signed so the "super battleship" was scrapped. now having all of these guns built the govt decided to use them for shore defense. the one pictured is at apg maryland on display. it was set up as shore defense for years until its decomission and placement at the ordanance museum.

Dude........thats the gun the Death Star used to destroy planets!!! ;D

BBD

Magnumcharger

Yeah, I know this is a car picture..... :D
But it's my "picture of the day".
I was at a car show tonight and stayed a bit longer than usual. I don't normally bring my tripod to the weekly cruise-in at the A&W, but since I had it, and the weather was cooperating, I thought I'd do something a bit different from the normal.
As I was photographing this Challenger, the owner came along and seemed quite interested in my attempts to do his car justice.
When I suggested that moving it across the parking lot for a better background, he eagerly accommodated my wishes.
So this is the final product.
It's the first time I've done a triple exposure, the background, car (with flash), and the headlights were all separate shots.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bearbqd

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 12, 2009, 09:51:39 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 12, 2009, 05:54:04 PM

Dude........thats the gun the Death Star used to destroy planets!!! ;D

BBD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Foreman72

magnum thats pretty darn awesome...wow
Eric "Foreman"

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 13, 2009, 08:21:56 PM
Yeah, I know this is a car picture..... :D
But it's my "picture of the day".
I was at a car show tonight and stayed a bit longer than usual. I don't normally bring my tripod to the weekly cruise-in at the A&W, but since I had it, and the weather was cooperating, I thought I'd do something a bit different from the normal.
As I was photographing this Challenger, the owner came along and seemed quite interested in my attempts to do his car justice.
When I suggested that moving it across the parking lot for a better background, he eagerly accommodated my wishes.
So this is the final product.
It's the first time I've done a triple exposure, the background, car (with flash), and the headlights were all separate shots.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

cammer427

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 01, 2007, 07:33:40 PM
more of the same with the baddest 69 chevelle this side of the river.  That thing is wicked fast! :yesnod:

This is easily the nicest '69 Chevelle I've ever seen. I have a red '69 Malibu with a black vinyl top. Chevelle's really are beautiful cars.

bearbqd

That CHevelle is exactly what got me into cars when I was a wee ladd. Neighbor down the street had a white one just like it. God bless him for having it and turning that muscle car switch on inside of me at such a young age.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress