News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

That Chevelle is one nasty car.  You take your foot off the gas pedal and it feels like you downshifted.  Nasty I say.  It's been laid up all summer in the shop, gettin a little body maintenance.
My favorite Chevelle of all time.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

No Pics of Cars remember :nono: Here's a Pic I took today of a sign. cars are just in the backgroud unfortunately :brickwall: :nono:  LEON.

mikepmcs

Yeah but that was when I couldn't read or follow directions so well.  I was drunk all the time. I posted that pic in 2007.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bearbqd

I want to go to Woodward sooooooo bad.    :'(  :'(  :'(                                   

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

69*F5*SE

I will be there today.    :coolgleamA:

chargergirl

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 11, 2009, 12:00:26 PM
Nate
It's a Nikon D80 with a couple different lenses but cropping a picture is the poor man's macro.  :icon_smile_big:  It's over 10mp so you can crop close ups and as long as it was in focus you can get pretty zoomy.  I normally take about 5-10 pictures of the same thing on continuous and then end up deleting a bunch and keeping only a few.  I am searching for a macro lens right now because I want to get some real close ups like spiders and bees and bugs and stuff.  Looks like I need to step it up so I can get my sack back from Foreman!   :2thumbs:
My grandfather used to work with Steichen and the number one rule is if you want a picture with morning dew get up early don't EVER spray the flower. Your shots are amazing. I need a better camera!
Trust your Woobie!

mikepmcs

Quote from: chargergirl on August 17, 2009, 08:22:10 AM

My grandfather used to work with Steichen and the number one rule is if you want a picture with morning dew get up early don't EVER spray the flower. Your shots are amazing. I need a better camera!

Thanks.  Here's a few more  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepmcs/

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 17, 2009, 03:14:33 PM

Thanks.  Here's a few more  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepmcs/

Very nice photos.    is that fish through the glass of an aquarium then mike?  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mikepmcs

yes, picture through my aquarium. Only pets I'll ever own.  :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 13, 2009, 08:21:56 PM
Yeah, I know this is a car picture..... :D
But it's my "picture of the day".
I was at a car show tonight and stayed a bit longer than usual. I don't normally bring my tripod to the weekly cruise-in at the A&W, but since I had it, and the weather was cooperating, I thought I'd do something a bit different from the normal.
As I was photographing this Challenger, the owner came along and seemed quite interested in my attempts to do his car justice.
When I suggested that moving it across the parking lot for a better background, he eagerly accommodated my wishes.
So this is the final product.
It's the first time I've done a triple exposure, the background, car (with flash), and the headlights were all separate shots.

Robin, that picture is just fantastic! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BIRD67

Here's another one of my "Experimental" pictures.............
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Brock Samson

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 17, 2009, 03:14:33 PM

Thanks.  Here's a few more  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepmcs/

I hadn't realized this was your shot,..

i had saved that some time ago...  :2thumbs:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 18, 2009, 02:19:51 AM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 13, 2009, 08:21:56 PM
Yeah, I know this is a car picture..... :D
But it's my "picture of the day".
I was at a car show tonight and stayed a bit longer than usual. I don't normally bring my tripod to the weekly cruise-in at the A&W, but since I had it, and the weather was cooperating, I thought I'd do something a bit different from the normal.
As I was photographing this Challenger, the owner came along and seemed quite interested in my attempts to do his car justice.
When I suggested that moving it across the parking lot for a better background, he eagerly accommodated my wishes.
So this is the final product.
It's the first time I've done a triple exposure, the background, car (with flash), and the headlights were all separate shots.

Robin, that picture is just fantastic! :2thumbs:

Thanks Cody!
Here is the rest of the set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dodgedeora/sets/72157622091800034/
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 19, 2009, 04:49:09 PM

I hadn't realized this was your shot,..

i had saved that some time ago...  :2thumbs:

Thanks Dave. Very much appreciated.  :cheers:

The70RT

KC Wolf was at a local cruise in last night. I know no cars so ignore the Cobra and Pantera  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bearbqd

I'm sorry but I just can't do that. Ignore a Cobra and especially a Pantera?? Preposterous!
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Foreman72

allow me to reel it back in :D ...so me and some of my friends went camping...like roughing it, sleeping on rocks 5 ft from the edge of an 80 ft cliff...it was real awesome...heres a few...those are the rocks we slept on...i got a surprisingly good night sleep... :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

draftingmonkey

Sorting through some photos and came across a couple from my last summer visit home to Spokane.  Liked the composition so thought I would share them.

Quail viewed at Manito Park hiding behind some brush.

Downtown Spokane skyline and river looking east from the west end of town.

BMOTOXSTAR

A pic from last weekend on a local bike run in NE, Ohio.... :icon_smile_big:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Todd Wilson

Guns N Rotors

Look at what I did to my chimney! :icon_smile_big:

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

Foreman72

:o

wow mike...your pretty alright huh :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat